➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I only had a few that were nutsoid...they have since passed on to their reward but those that were calm, passed on their genes to their offspring and they were also calm. The second and third generations were calm as well. I'm at 9 or 10 generations now and their still calm.

Just depends on environment and handling when they are just hatched. If all they ever see is a huge predator coming at them from above, they will be skiddish. Like any other bird or animal....the more you work with them, around them, the more 'comfortable' they are around you!
Just my 2 francs

I only had a few that were nutsoid...they have since passed on to their reward but those that were calm, passed on their genes to their offspring and they were also calm. The second and third generations were calm as well. I'm at 9 or 10 generations now and their still calm.

Just depends on environment and handling when they are just hatched. If all they ever see is a huge predator coming at them from above, they will be skiddish. Like any other bird or animal....the more you work with them, around them, the more 'comfortable' they are around you!
Just my 2 francs
Most of mine were calm and friendly as adults and they did the best in the small aviary setting. Having them inside with the cage elevated worked well too

Back
Top Bottom