➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Had an egg pip day before yesterday and no progress has been made so I’m assuming it died...noticed the membrane around the pip is black/dark brown; is it possible it pipped through a blood vessel that hadn’t receded yet and bled to death?
When mine looked like that, it was because it was shrink-wrapped and needed moistened.

Chick with Coturnix
1504D565-FDF4-49C7-A146-3FF5D6BDA273.jpeg

Button
D80AF36D-374F-41B9-AF07-1728AC47E064.jpeg

Had an egg pip day before yesterday and no progress has been made so I’m assuming it died...noticed the membrane around the pip is black/dark brown; is it possible it pipped through a blood vessel that hadn’t receded yet and bled to death?

Anyone tired of me sharing these photos, LOOK AWAY!!!
Duckling grunted and pointed to this egg in the incubator. The photo is after she began moistening, and assisting.
1F8F1E8C-DFB4-48FF-A3FD-C4C7721CDFD0.jpeg
Child couldn’t talk, but she listened to everything I said, and did it by herself!
664D3599-C45D-42D8-A9F0-F6F6FF9B0C5C.jpeg

Anyone tired of me sharing these photos, LOOK AWAY!!!
Duckling grunted and pointed to this egg in the incubator. The photo is after she began moistening, and assisting.
View attachment 1700434
Child couldn’t talk, but she listened to everything I said, and did it by herself!
View attachment 1700435

Shoot, I knew I should have asked sooner...won’t be home until later this evening but hopefully she makes it until then (if she is still alive). The tip of her beak is right at the pip so if she’s still alive at least I know she can breathe.

Back
Top Bottom