➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

As far as I know, buttonquail eggs are Blue on the inside. There is a difference between button quail and buttonquail. Coturnix are sometimes called button quail but the 'true' button's are spelled buttonquail.
There hasn't been a whole lot of scientific studies done on buttonquail but I think if the 'ce' gene was present in buttonquail, some researchers would have conducted DNA and other genetic studies to determine if they had the autosomal recessive gene, it is an uncommon gene and as far as I can tell, have researched, it doesn't exist in buttonquail.
Wow can't just drop it huh welp what ever you say then

I’m hopping on here for this go round. :) I hatched 3 sets of quail eggs so far this year; I’m on my 4th setting. A dozen each of sexlinked and calico. We shall see what happens with these... the postal services/couriers have not been kind to eggs for me on the last half of the season, so... 🤷🏼‍♀️

in the meantime... here’s a couple pics of one of the German pastels I hatched last week (it’s my favorite one lol). :)
62D82EB6-10A3-46E5-AEA3-6C5FD7509301.jpeg
DEB91D00-16A9-4345-A6C1-24324BE9FFCC.jpeg

I’m hopping on here for this go round. :) I hatched 3 sets of quail eggs so far this year; I’m on my 4th setting. A dozen each of sexlinked and calico. We shall see what happens with these... the postal services/couriers have not been kind to eggs for me on the last half of the season, so... 🤷🏼‍♀️

in the meantime... here’s a couple pics of one of the German pastels I hatched last week (it’s my favorite one lol). :)View attachment 2357497View attachment 2357500
Awwww sooo cuuuute !!!! My eggs get here monday the update said so i cant wait to get started again so ur fave one in pic whats the name and i cant help but like these pastels

Need to add here, that keeping them in a near totally dark room is also detrimental to their health....they need sunlight to be healthy! You can compensate somewhat for this by giving vitamin D3 and calcium citrate but it's not as effective as sunlight.
Thanks for the info. I wonder if a full spectrum light bulb would be worth getting for them? At the moment they're just under a normal bulb, but I don't want them to be lacking in anything, and keen to avoid trying to balance a lot of supplements.

We do get some daylight inside, but nothing bright/direct, and not for very long now it's Autumn. Eventually I'd love for them to be outside in the warmer months, but we won't have a garden until we move which will be at least 1 more year.

Last edited:
I may have gotten myself in trouble...I bid on and won a large batch of Myshire eggs. I will have to see if my incubators can hold 240 or if I need to make a third incubator.
Not funny but I can't help but laugh ....a little :lau been there, done that...it's why I have 5 bators! :D

I just had a batch turn a week old and couple are lighter in color was thinking of trying to breed the lighter color birds and see if I can get ones with no color except chest. What do you think feasible experiment or won’t work.

Attachments

• F3833397-D5D5-4C25-AC37-861B7757BA84.jpeg
    F3833397-D5D5-4C25-AC37-861B7757BA84.jpeg
    600.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 26B6E732-454D-4CE3-93C2-88F6B4CC2A47.jpeg
    26B6E732-454D-4CE3-93C2-88F6B4CC2A47.jpeg
    425.1 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom