āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Bad news. . .I put the two newest, including one of the supermarket birds in the brooder to dry, but the container was too hot and the birds burrowed into the blanket and suffocated. I feel so bad. They were doing so well.
I'm trying to see the silver lining here. They burrowed their faces under a warm sack and fell asleep permanently. They likely didn't suffer. I fed them to my cat who worships me (at least for the moment). Raising quail has taught me to fully appreciate the cycle of life.

I'm still hungry. Can you make more mistakes please?
cathappy.png

Cute kitty! Maybe you should hatch some more cat snacks?
Cat gets lots of cat snacks. Cat is pretty sure that I started this hobby for him.

The cat has already put all the pieces together. After a fresh quail harvest ends, he takes me to the coop to try and select even more.

Personally, I think the greatest value of quail meat is as fresh cat food. Have you seen what those foo-foo pet shops charge for "natural" pet food? Quail are made for cats. I feed it to him raw and he eats it, bones and all. Cat's fur is amazingly soft, and cat has lots of energy. He's even trimmed down since fresh quarry makes him more satisfied than dry kibble.

Cat gets lots of cat snacks. Cat is pretty sure that I started this hobby for him.

The cat has already put all the pieces together. After a fresh quail harvest ends, he takes me to the coop to try and select even more.

Personally, I think the greatest value of quail meat is as fresh cat food. Have you seen what those foo-foo pet shops charge for "natural" pet food? Quail are made for cats. I feed it to him raw and he eats it, bones and all. Cat's fur is amazingly soft, and cat has lots of energy. He's even trimmed down since fresh quarry makes him more satisfied than dry kibble.
There is a raw pet food company near me that sells whole quail as cat treats.
One of my cats snuck into the grow out pen last year but I think he just wants to bat the quail around, not eat them. I'm afraid to feed them quail in case they decide they want to take matters into their own paws..

Of course the cat should has an advantage of your quail breeding ... but I can asure, we humans also got a big advantage of fresh bio-quality meat ...

... Quail-Curry today ... sooo good šŸ¤¤

View attachment 2559387
I love raising my own birds for meat. I can only eat one brand of chicken because there's something in some of the cheaper brands that I'm allergic to. I don't know what it is, but my lips swell up and I itch. Foster Farms makes the claim that they don't use growth hormones, etc, and I can eat their chicken, so it's probably something like that.

No issue with eating my own quail.

Back
Top Bottom