𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 2𝐤22 ~ Flo's Hatch-A-Long ~

Pics
Today is the two-week update.

One. Week. Left. :celebrate:wee:fl

They will be hatching next Saturday into Sunday.

Flo (the name y'all voted for in this thread) is doing very well! She gave me a bit of a heart attack yesterday... When she was finished eating, drinking, and running around, she started going inside the coop and started climbing the ladder to the ROOSTS! I immediately got her off the roost and gave her a little push towards her crate, and thankfully, she plopped right back down on the eggs. I don't know if she forgot about them, or what, but since I don't have an incubator, I got really scared.

Will candle hopefully tonight and give y'all updates. The pictures don't seem to be working well, so I will give verbal updates (I'll see if the pictures turn out okay) :).

Flo had gotten off the nest every day except one. One day it was snowing hard and she decided to stay on the nest.

Try using the attach files button, it might work that way?

:frow Still here on Chick Watch.
Great to have you!

Update on Flo.

She is doing well, but sadly I noticed some possible blood and worms in her poop this evening. :(.

Advice for treatment? I will not be using DE as I know most people say it doesn’t work.
@Wyorp Rock @Eggcessive @azygous
@U_Stormcrow
TIA.

Other than that, she is active, eating, drinking, and pooping regularly.

It snowed this weekend, unfortunately. The eggs are due in 5-6 days, expecting some early hatchers on Friday evening/Saturday morning.

D798F5A4-27BA-47A4-AF0C-BDE03BC2400D.jpeg
F20360A6-5B31-4C13-BF28-1A484C81A14A.jpeg
7B0A4D83-EF20-4D47-A511-C97D7BD3B1D0.jpeg

A694C352-3397-43B6-97DA-6290AB409A34.jpeg

F217DAA8-1A52-43E9-8C5C-F0DD52CE4B4F.jpeg

Please help if you can. I want to treat her ASAP.

@BigBlueHen53

Great to have you!

Update on Flo.

She is doing well, but sadly I noticed some possible blood and worms in her poop this evening. :(.

Advice for treatment? I will not be using DE as I know most people say it doesn’t work.
@Wyorp Rock @Eggcessive @azygous
@U_Stormcrow
TIA.

Other than that, she is active, eating, drinking, and pooping regularly.

It snowed this weekend, unfortunately. The eggs are due in 5-6 days, expecting some early hatchers on Friday evening/Saturday morning.

View attachment 3008956View attachment 3008957View attachment 3008958
View attachment 3008960
View attachment 3008961

Please help if you can. I want to treat her ASAP.

@BigBlueHen53
Whatever the first three BYCers suggest. I'm chicken illness and injury ignorant. No first hand experience, ty, with all but a few minor concerns which the birds largely resolved on their own

Worms can be treated with Valbazen 0.08 ml per pound of weight once given orally, and repeated in 10 days. Shake it well. SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer can also be used 0.25 ml per pound given 5 straight days orally. Blood could alao be from coccidiosis and that is treated with Corid in the water. Dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid or 1/2 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5 days. Since she is sitting, she should be given the Corid often orally and make sure that she is getting enough.

Worms can be treated with Valbazen 0.08 ml per pound of weight once given orally, and repeated in 10 days. Shake it well. SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer can also be used 0.25 ml per pound given 5 straight days orally. Blood could alao be from coccidiosis and that is treated with Corid in the water. Dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid or 1/2 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5 days. Since she is sitting, she should be given the Corid often orally and make sure that she is getting enough.
I 2nd the data & I’m no expert but, I have at least 2-3 threads saved with these issues and the instructions on ratio’s are on the bottles as well.

I ran the corid dosage fun last year! Very straightforward and on the theread and bottle are identical info so…. Maybe I can come back in a while and edit in some thread links….

If someone else hasn’t Already done it.

(Edited to fix what auto-correct overruled of my typing)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom