𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 2𝐤22 ~ Flo's Hatch-A-Long ~

Pics
The first chick hatched!!! :celebrate:love:pop:wee:yesss:
🐣 (the one that pipped yesterday!)

Flo, being a first time mother, was a little hesitant at first. I stayed there when she met her chick for the first time to make sure she doesn’t do anything to it (one of my broodies last year started grabbing the chicks (with her beak) and flinging it out of the nest! :()

She was hesitant, but then she started calling it to the feed (I am going to buy actual chick feed at TSC this afternoon) and she let it go back under her!

I am hoping I am not tempted to get some chicks at TSC.. a friend told me chick days have already started :hit. It’s almost inevitable. If I do end up getting chicks, I will give them to the mother and hopefully:fl she accepts them (will probably give them at night).

0304915E-F756-4F3C-A00B-390825E252D2.jpeg

7238ADD4-DC7C-4352-BBEA-5C097120AFAE.jpeg

5867AB73-7BB1-4588-BEC4-E65BD1497624.jpeg
61D4754C-41BA-4125-B59A-E7B9563269A0.jpeg
F18C8255-BD59-4454-8B60-92BCB9631B05.jpeg
C06FCFD9-E4AD-4B14-BFE3-AA364C0BE68F.jpeg
B44CE7A8-548D-47B3-B02C-A0F9DE8EA5AC.jpeg
B915C3AF-2EF6-4517-9902-3BD661FFD63A.jpeg

Looking like a Barred Rock mix so far!!:wee
(what I was hoping for!)

She has feathered legs, which is always eggciting. A barred rock with feathered legs will be pretty cool!

Thank you to everyone who helped me along this journey. It’s not over yet! I will be posting growth updates, etc!

@cherrynberry - It looks like a Barred Rock.. so your chicks might have another twin!

ETA: I do not yet know of any other chicks that hatched. This (hopefully) Barred Rock mix the only chick I felt when I stuck my hand underneath the broody to take some pictures!

Hopefully more hatch!! 🙏

When it gets warmer this afternoon (right now it’s in the 30’s :thbut it should be getting to the 40’s later today)
I will check for more chicks!

Flo, being a first time mother, was a little hesitant at first. I stayed there when she met her chick for the first time to make sure she doesn’t do anything to it (one of my broodies last year started grabbing the chicks (with her beak) and flinging it out of the nest! :()

She was hesitant, but then she started calling it to the feed (I am going to buy actual chick feed at TSC this afternoon) and she let it go back under her!

I am hoping I am not tempted to get some chicks at TSC.. a friend told me chick days have already started :hit. It’s almost inevitable. If I do end up getting chicks, I will give them to the mother and hopefully:fl she accepts them (will probably give them at night).

View attachment 3014529

View attachment 3014530
View attachment 3014531View attachment 3014532View attachment 3014533View attachment 3014534View attachment 3014535View attachment 3014536

(what I was hoping for!)

She has feathered legs, which is always eggciting. A barred rock with feathered legs will be pretty cool!

Thank you to everyone who helped me along this journey. It’s not over yet! I will be posting growth updates, etc!

@cherrynberry - It looks like a Barred Rock.. so your chicks might have another twin!

ETA: I do not yet know of any other chicks that hatched. This (hopefully) Barred Rock mix the only chick I felt when I stuck my hand underneath the broody to take some pictures!

Hopefully more hatch!! 🙏

When it gets warmer this afternoon (right now it’s in the 30’s :thbut it should be getting to the 40’s later today)
Yes! A chick!

View attachment 3014529

View attachment 3014530
View attachment 3014531View attachment 3014532View attachment 3014533View attachment 3014534View attachment 3014535View attachment 3014536

(what I was hoping for!)

Hopefully more hatch!! 🙏

Awwww, Flo is so sweet! What a cute baby too!:love

View attachment 3014529

View attachment 3014530

(what I was hoping for!)

Hopefully more hatch!! 🙏

That is absolutely adorable! I love how she was like, "What the heck is this thing? Where did it come from? Is this mine? No, it couldn't be. Could it? Well, whatever it is, it's mine now." 😂

Back
Top Bottom