1 Sebastopol, 2 Buff Dewlap 1 Grey Dewlap Toulouse - Gosling Photos

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
Pips&Peeps sent me 3 Sebastopol goose eggs yesterday early afternoon - west coast time.

sebbie1.jpg

I recieved a phone call this morning at 7:30.

sebbie2.jpg

"Hey, Angie. This C***** at the PO. You have hatching eggs waiting for pickup."

sebbie3.jpg

The eggs came overnight! Woot!

sebbie4.jpg

They are in perfect condition.

sebbie5.jpg

These eggs are eye candy eggs. I did not think I would get a chance to get Sebbie eggs this year. These are a real surprise and an answered wish.

Here we go again, folks!

Eggs go in the bator this evening. Due Date - Saturday, June 7th.

Now - who has grey dewlap toulouse to send me to go with them?? LOL

Quick question MissP, do you wash your eggs before you stick them in the incubator? I hear some people do and some people don't. What's your mode of opperation?

It depends on the eggs. If they come to me nasty I do disinfect them. If they come clean I leave them as is. I got a batch of goose eggs that were wet and nasty. I did disinfect them and still had eggs grow bacteria in the first few days.

These eggs are not filthy and I will leave them as is. They are super fresh and the bloom is on them. I won't tamper with mother nature.

smile.png

pips&peeps :

I hope they hatch for you.

We have to thank Crunchie for the packing supplies.
lol.png
I reused her box and it worked out great.

Hey...will you have any more this season? I'm thinking that if I end up with about 10 of them, maybe I'll get at least two to hatch? LOL

Thanks!

~Heather​

Good luck! I got one Blue Sebastopol egg three weeks ago, and the post office lost it for 5 days! Amazingly it's growing though. I just can't take the suspense!

Wow. Good luck with the hatching. I'd like to work my way up to geese in a year or two and am going to be watching very excitedly to see how everything goes for you!

Back
Top Bottom