1 Sick Chick, 1 Crooked Foot & 1 Wing Issue

Update, I stuck her beak in the medicated water and she did drink. I mixed the vitamins with her food but haven’t been able to get her to eat.

Attachments

• 9BC0427F-98E6-4968-AD82-0DC7E403CDAB.jpeg
    9BC0427F-98E6-4968-AD82-0DC7E403CDAB.jpeg
    592.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 524DA923-9FE7-4CAB-A4EF-7A69EA50E55D.jpeg
    524DA923-9FE7-4CAB-A4EF-7A69EA50E55D.jpeg
    615.7 KB · Views: 10
Update, I stuck her beak in the medicated water and she did drink. I mixed the vitamins with her food but haven’t been able to get her to eat.
Poor thing.
This poop doesn't look like coccidiosis is a problem.
Her feathers look weird.
Does she not have feathers EVERywhere yet?

Poor thing.
This poop doesn't look like coccidiosis is a problem.
Her feathers look weird.
Does she not have feathers EVERywhere yet?
She has some very tiny feathers on her neck and under her wings, I wonder if the other birds were pecking at her when I wasn’t around. Not sure if there’s much else I can do for her but I’ll keep trying to get her to drink and eat. :(

Attachments

• 4529C061-C562-4ABC-AF9F-D0C476175DC4.jpeg
    4529C061-C562-4ABC-AF9F-D0C476175DC4.jpeg
    394.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 2D4C23E4-1979-42C8-A15A-0220242BF7E1.jpeg
    2D4C23E4-1979-42C8-A15A-0220242BF7E1.jpeg
    364.4 KB · Views: 5
I came home and she is looking very bad. I have powdered corcid, what would be the dose?

Mix your Powdered Corid for drinking water at 1 1/2 teaspoons per gallon of water.

In addition to drinking the Corid water, give her a direct oral drench (concentrated solution) - Mix 1/2teaspoon powder with 2teaspoons of water. Give her 0.34ml per pound of weight orally once a day for 3days.

She does not look well, I'm very sorry. Do what you can to get her hydrated.
She has a dark spot on her head, is that just the color of feathers or was she pecked in the head? Also is he skin bluish/purple in places or is that just the lighting?

upload_2019-2-19_14-37-12.png

Mix your Powdered Corid for drinking water at 1 1/2 teaspoons per gallon of water.

In addition to drinking the Corid water, give her a direct oral drench (concentrated solution) - Mix 1/2teaspoon powder with 2teaspoons of water. Give her 0.34ml per pound of weight orally once a day for 3days.

She does not look well, I'm very sorry. Do what you can to get her hydrated.
She has a dark spot on her head, is that just the color of feathers or was she pecked in the head? Also is he skin bluish/purple in places or is that just the lighting?

View attachment 1678507

Thank you, I will give her the concentrated solution as well.

The black dot on her head is her feather colors but her skin does look a bit purplish in spots.

She doesn’t seem to have improved or declined. She is drinking a bit when I put her beak in the water, but she won’t eat. I mixed some crumbles with the vitamin boost and have been trying to put some in her mouth, but I think she’s only ingested very little.
I'm sorry she is not improving. Really try to push fluids (the Corid water) and get her hydrated, then add wet feed.
You can also try a little chopped egg to entice her, but hydration first.

I'm sorry she is not improving. Really try to push fluids (the Corid water) and get her hydrated, then add wet feed.
You can also try a little chopped egg to entice her, but hydration first.
Ok thank you, I’ll try that as well tonight. She is a fighter!

I have been going back and forth on whether to add heat. I had a heating pad under the basket but was afraid she would get too hot. My house is about 70 degrees. Do you think I should add additional heat, or a blanket? She is shivering sometimes.

Ok thank you, I’ll try that as well tonight. She is a fighter!

I have been going back and forth on whether to add heat. I had a heating pad under the basket but was afraid she would get too hot. My house is about 70 degrees. Do you think I should add additional heat, or a blanket? She is shivering sometimes.
Is she able to move away from heat if she gets too hot? I would be careful not to overheat.
You can try putting the heating pad inside the basket, cover it with a thick towel to give her more warmth. This way the plastic from the basket isn't blocking so much of the warmth.

Back
Top Bottom