12 dead birds and charges filed *update 1st court date today*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to check the basement for pods.

Crud, I don't have any room in my basement for a pod...
sad.png

But the good ones always come through when the chips are down.

Amen...I've busted Ernie giving Obelisk treats a couple of times...just can never seem to get it on film.

Wow, Jbowyer...sounds like you're in such a high crime district that a dog that's not your own trying to eat your cat isn't important to the cops...​

Jody so sorry for your loss. I am glad that the Douglas Co Sheriff takes it seriously. If it stalls, give Mike McKnight on Channel 6 a call!
There have been lots of ads for people reducing their flocks for winter on our local Craigslist.(if you want more chickens) It took everything in my power to keep from getting more chickens. I can only keep those I have because of a grey area in the ordinance about pets.
I know how heart breaking it is when you loose chickens. Especially those you have had for such a long time. They have their own personalities and special quirks.
My thoughts are with you!

Update-

I just got this info tonight. The neighbor finally turned himself in on Tuesday to the Sheriff's Dept. He only did it because a warrant was being issued, and they said they were coming for him if he didn't. Anyway, he was ticketed for "dogs at Large," and he is up on misdemeaner charges because they are dangerous. The dogs are officially classified as dangerous and cannot be outside without a leash until a kennel with a top and bottom and a lock is erected. The judge could still order the dogs put down. On Monday I will be able to find out when his court date is for his preliminary appearance to plead guilty or not guilty. I feel a terrible loss because the birds were killed, but at least the system may actually work and eliminate the problem. I plan on following this thing through to the end. I am putting together documentation of the value of my losses so the prosecuter and judge will have it on hand when sentencing occurs.

Myself and other concerned neighbors have been driving by the house regularly to see if we can see the dogs outside. If they are ever spotted outside unattended or not properly confined, the Sheriff will be notified immediately. I can't say enough nice things about the officers and how seriously they have taken this matter.

I will post updates when I know more. And have I told you yet today how much I appreciate our Sheriff's Department?

Jody

I dont know how I have managed to miss this thread.
I am so sorry to hear of your loss.
Bravo to you for seeing this thru to the end!
Im glad to hear you have such wonderful Sherrifs Dept. to take this so seriously! It really is a serious matter to have dogs running around killing others pets!

Quote:
Good for you, Jody! I know the wheels of justice are terribly slow, but grind exceedingly fine. Please keep us all updated on this. We're all subscribers both in principle and thread.

God bless!

Sky~

really sorry you had to go through that jody, it's really aggravating when things like this happen. did they give you an incident report number?

get pics they would help. post them here to so others will understand what you are going through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom