15 month old Delaware rooster has lost is tongue. How? What? Trouble breathing. Emergency

After a day of out playing in the rain My Handsome Dude is a little on the muddy side today but his comb and wattles are still a beautiful shade of red. I think his girls were beginning to worry about him the way they were hanging around him today. Today I picked up a hen and noticed she has a wound under her wing that appears to be from either spurs or maybe sharp toenails. She is the new temp resident in the clinic coop. She will soon be back out as I caught it in time that some triple antibiotic ointment will fix her right up. She will get a new protective jacket to wear until she is all better. There's never a dull moment with a flock of chickens that all depend on you.

After a day of out playing in the rain My Handsome Dude is a little on the muddy side today but his comb and wattles are still a beautiful shade of red. I think his girls were beginning to worry about him the way they were hanging around him today. Today I picked up a hen and noticed she has a wound under her wing that appears to be from either spurs or maybe sharp toenails. She is the new temp resident in the clinic coop. She will soon be back out as I caught it in time that some triple antibiotic ointment will fix her right up. She will get a new protective jacket to wear until she is all better. There's never a dull moment with a flock of chickens that all depend on you.
Do you trim their spurs?

Back
Top Bottom