16 lb. baby - ouch!!

Wow! Enormous!

I was 8.4 lbs and counted as big!
ep.gif

Quote:
8.4 is only big on the "normal range".
tongue.png

From what I've heard, a baby is considered healthy if they're between 6.5-8.7 lbs. I think...
lol.png
I'm no expert I could be easily wrong.

Quote:
8.4 is only big on the "normal range".
tongue.png

From what I've heard, a baby is considered healthy if they're between 6.5-8.7 lbs. I think...
lol.png
I'm no expert I could be easily wrong.

Well, at least I was healthy then
lol.png

Apparently I was a very long child. Now I'm taller than my mother, catching up to my father and still growing. They're all short in my parents' families, so this is weird :hmm

Quote:
That's funny - that he's your skinniest kid now. Kind of like tiny preemies that end up huge
smile.png
It'd be ironic if this huge "little" fella ended up 5'6" or so and 130lbs as a man
tongue.png

I was 5lbs6oz at birth, my husband was 10lb12oz at birth my kids were 2lbs12oz and 6lb14oz. I was just there last week when my best friends daughter gave birth to a 9lb15oz baby and she is no small girl. She's not heavy just very tall and broad like her father. I can not imagine a 16 pounder tho!

Quote:
That's funny - that he's your skinniest kid now. Kind of like tiny preemies that end up huge
smile.png
It'd be ironic if this huge "little" fella ended up 5'6" or so and 130lbs as a man
tongue.png

Yeah my son is 100 lbs and 5ft. and 21 now....lol

His dad was a horse jokey at long acres in seattle, wa. and the exact same weight and height.

I was 9lb 2oz.

my sister barely broke 100 pounds and barely 5'6" when she was pregnant with her son and he was over ten pounds! poor thing

Last edited:
Quote:
smile.png
tongue.png

My second daughter weighed 10lbs 2.3oz at birth, now she is 6 years and only weighs about 40lbs. She is the tiniest little thing you would never know she was so big at birth.
I can tell ya'll this was no easy c-section that lady went through, I almost stopped breathing and had to be put on oxygen when they were trying to get the baby out.
I can not imagine the baby being 16lbs.
Also I carried mine 42 weeks the first time and 41 the second time.
Bless your heart arabianequine, 43 weeks is a long time to be pregnant, you are one tough lady!!!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom