19 and a half weeks old and still no eggs :( egg countdown anyone??

One of my hens laid her first egg today
wee.gif
not sure which one, they are a mixed flock. I believe it to be my barred rock. She has been squating for about 2 weeks now. her comb and waddle a nice deep red. They are 16 to 17 weeks of age. I started feeding them layer pellets at about 13 weeks, I feed them greens and treats everyday.

I'm going to join this thread
hmm.png
I have a barred rock that has been laying for 12 days now, since 18 wks 2 days, and my RIR and GSW are the same age and haven't tarted yet. They will all be 20 weeks tomorrow. I also have a cochin banty that is about 7 month old that didn't start laying either. SO, let my countdown begin! I'm really hoping that by posting in this thread they will start laying tomorrow and make me look a fool!
fl.gif
I started giving them cayenne pepper in their evening treat yesterday and my banty and RIR have been squawking what sounds like the beginning of an egg song so I'm hopeful that they start by next week!

Last edited:
I'm going to join this thread
hmm.png
I have a barred rock that has been laying for 12 days now, since 18 wks 2 days, and my RIR and GSW are the same age and haven't tarted yet. They will all be 20 weeks tomorrow. I also have a cochin banty that is about 7 month old that didn't start laying either. SO, let my countdown begin! I'm really hoping that by posting in this thread they will start laying tomorrow and make me look a fool!
fl.gif
I started giving them cayenne pepper in their evening treat yesterday and my banty and RIR have been squawking what sounds like the beginning of an egg song so I'm hopeful that they start by next week!
if they are squating it means its coming soon

I am in the weatherford are too...my EE's are 19 weeks and can't wait for the first egg! They took all the straw out of one of the nest boxes today and I wondered if that meant anything?

Back
Top Bottom