2 barred plymouth rocks bald bloody patches

jasjess

Hatching
9 Years
Mar 11, 2010
Utah
Hi i am new to the fourm and chicken raising. I have 5 chickens 2 plymouth rocks, 2 buff orphingtons, and 1 red seuxlink. In the past few months my plymouth rocks have started getting bald patches above their tails on their back and chest and bottom. at first i thought the other chickens were pecking them but it seems they may be doing to themselves I have tried putting anticeptic spray and bag balm on them it helped heal the woundes but they still have bald patches. i was woundering if anyone knows whats wrong with them and how to cure it.

I think the other chickens are doing it, I have seen it before. Once they have a spot on them all the other chickens start pecking at it. The only thing I know is to seperate them and see if it heals up

not sure if they are molting i have given them cat food to increase the protein does not seem to help i am also feeding corn mash with their reg food.

after putting the anitceptic spray on them for a few days the patches scabed over and began to heal but the feathers are not growing back also they do not have any feathers around their bottom and i have noticed they do have runny poop.

Back
Top Bottom