2 day old duckling help ASAP

Mini

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 1, 2013
I helped him out of his egg because he was having trouble and be thought he was ready. He still had some yolk left and he started bleeding from his umblical cord. I got that stopped, and he rested in the incubator till I thought everything was absorbed ad he was fluffy. But he still has stuff off his belly and its not closed. What do I do? Is he ok? I was going to give him a short bath because he can't walk still he falls to the right side every time. Hes eating and drinking just fine. Can he have a bath with his belly still open?

I helped him out of his egg because he was having trouble and be thought he was ready. He still had some yolk left and he started bleeding from his umblical cord. I got that stopped, and he rested in the incubator till I thought everything was absorbed ad he was fluffy. But he still has stuff off his belly and its not closed. What do I do? Is he ok? I was going to give him a short bath because he can't walk still he falls to the right side every time. Hes eating and drinking just fine. Can he have a bath with his belly still open?
I wouldn't you need to let it finish drying and then the scab will fall off. Do you have any iodine or betadine? you can mix it with warm water to look like weak tea and spray some on this area, infection is what you want to watch for. veterycin spray is another good one

Back
Top Bottom