2 day old loud mouth chick.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Teresaann24, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Some of my chicks where hatched 2 days ago out of the 3 only 1 wont stop chirping..I know its warm enough I;v seen it eat and drink. So why is only one chirping so much???

2. crazychicken

crazychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    To annoy you and get you to post here asking the question you just asked. [​IMG]

3. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    LOL, This is the 2nd time me raising them myself and..Wow..They always seem to get you thinking if they are ok.

4. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    Did you ever figure out why he was so loud? i have 2 bantams doing that tonite.... [​IMG]

5. cwc362

cwc362 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Huntingdon- West Tn
    Quote:[​IMG]

[​IMG] That's probaly true- Sometimes I think these crazy little chickies are like my kids - They know just how to run you crazy with very little effort!! LOL

6. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Quote:Never figured out why...he/she just stopped after a day.

7. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Maybe he was acting the part of the squeaky wheel for their little chickie play? hee hee hee... sounds like someone found their voice and enjoyed hearing themself talk.

8. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    It seems like there is alway one in every hatch![​IMG]

9. welovechickens

welovechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I have a banty who has always been what I call "the little whiner". He would rather be snuggled into my hand and sleeping than anything else! Of course he/she is kind of the runt of the bunch, so it is hard for me to resist the pitiful cheeping. [​IMG] Sometimes he/she has to be reminded to eat, and that usually helps. I think sometimes they just work themselves into a panic and kind of freak out. Kinda like kids. [​IMG] Haha!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by