2 Indian Runner Drakes Free to Good Home

CampDandT

In the Brooder
Oct 11, 2019
My husband and I were dumb. Well, I was 8 months pregnant and he was most probably too afraid of angry hormones to talk me down but we brought home chickens and ducks from our beloved spring planting festival (we are avid gardeners) back in May. What can I say? Momma was in full blown nesting mode and they were cute. Everything was straight run and we learned so many things.

Long story short, we ended up with two hens, one rooster, and two Indian runner drakes. We rehomed the rooster (they aren’t allowed in our suburb) to my uncle who lives a couple hours away and already had a collection of chickens.

My husband, bless his heart, worked his @$$ off building a duck house and coop from scratch and he even installed a drainable pond.

And then I noticed the ducks getting a little frisky with our hens...

I have learned so much from the forum on this site. You all are great. I finally caved, made myself an account and here I am.

So... we’ve got two male ducks. They need some girl ducks. We don’t have space to provide them some women and yeah, ducks are delicious but I just can’t bring myself to kill these two idiots that I’ve raised from ducklings. They swam in our bathtub...

I could post on Craigslist but let’s be serious, they’re going to be someone’s dinner. I’m kind of ashamed it can’t be mine.

I knew this was a long shot but it was worth a try. Right now, they are kept separate from our hens. We are located in St. Louis County, MO.

Oh, yeah. I should mention that they are appx. 5 months old, in good health, and shouldn’t be separated. Our 4 year old named them Quackers and Jack.

And yes. We have learned the lesson to never buy SR again... or at least not until we have the space for a lot more birds!

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• B3AB1B4E-9FC3-4A82-8CE8-DCD63EF71B06.jpeg
    B3AB1B4E-9FC3-4A82-8CE8-DCD63EF71B06.jpeg
    840.8 KB · Views: 14

Back
Top Bottom