2-mo old Australorp Rooster - Philly Burbs (between Paoli and King of Prussia)

HoHiChicks

Hatching
6 Years
May 23, 2013
Paoli
I got four chicks in March... was under the impression they were all hens but turns out, one is a rooster! I had originally name "her" Nadejda (Russian for Hope) -- seems very appropriate now that I "hope" to find him an amazing new home.

He's got a great temprament - gets along with my 3 hens (Barred Rock, Americauna and Delaware) as well as with my two small dogs. In order to keep peace with my neighbors and, to accomodate a replacement hen, I need to re-home him.

1) If you can welcome my Australorp rooster to your backyard, please let me know!

2) I do want another hen. My ideal hen would be a few months old and one of the following breads: austalorp, americauna, delaware or barred rock.

I could bring him to your if you're local but assume you'd prefer to come to my place so you could meet him first.

The attached photos of my rooster are from two days ago.

are you sure that is a rooster..from what I read about the Australorps the rooster will have a rounded comb in the back and his wattles with be longer than wider...I just got 8 straight run chicks this year that are 11 weeks old now and I was hoping at least 1 would be a rooster but from everything I see out of them and read they are all hens but 3 of them look a lot like yours..so maybe I am wrong and I have 3 roosters and 5 hens...lol my others do not have the nice full comb and wattles like the other three but I think they are a week or so behind in age but were bought at the same time..If I were closer I would take him in a heart beat but we are in Ohio.. Good luck..

Back
Top Bottom