$200 chicken?

Quote:
That's one of the reasons I'm thinking of getting a good Asil hen...
big_smile.png
I like BIG things...hehehehe

Ill tell you this the wifes little rat terrier dont go around my asil hen... She got hit one time by that old asil hen....
Chris

they could possibly be asil (aseel) or another related oriental, but they are gamefowl. now if you want to get down to the nitty gritty here on names the term "asil" never really was set to a specific breed in the country of origin, rather it was a term over there for pure lineage and top traits. like saying "cream of the crop" here.

they look like very good birds. considering the few numbers of eggs they lay, the low fertility of some lines, and the fact that they mature so slow that you sink a lot of feed into them before deciding who's a good brood-quality bird it all adds up to them costing a lot. I will say that I've had birds with asil in them and they were always strong and almost never got sick! if it wasn't for cutting back on bloodlines they would probly have stayed around here.

what folks have to realize is those interested in preserving the game breeds are trying very hard to give the public a better image to respect, much like those who breed pitbulls try to do. for every ten good words spoken all it takes is one bad word to set us back...two steps forward, one step back. So please regardless of regional terms and slang I urge you all to refer to them as gamefowl.
smile.png

Well getting back to the subject at hand. I know it's hard to judge by the tiny pics, but are these birds worth $200. Like for example I could buy a pair ($400) then hatch some and sell them for $200 each?

I love my OEGB, they are the sweetest chickens I have- next to EE's
smile.png

I think the only person that got upset or offended was the one that left...

There are other chicken breeds that sell for a lot of money as well. I've read here on BYC someone paid 200 for a SQ bantam polish hen.
If I were into showing and really loved the breed, I'd pay that much.

I didn't know Cornish had gamefowl in them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
I think this post pretty much sums it all up.
They look like wonderful birds and from now on i will try to say "Gamefoul".

2. No PETA or Cock fighting posts, period!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top two look like Dark Red Ghan Aseels.... gotta be rare and $$$$..

Bottom pic is a white Aseel.

This thread needs to be cleaned up.

Back
Top Bottom