2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orumpoultry

orumpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2012
    Trinity, TX
    I'll be seeing chocolate, blue, and black so long as the girls cooperate.

I'll also be setting Kraienkoppe, Lakenvelder, Silver Spangled Hamburg, Black Australorp, and Barred Rocks. Ten of each.

Then I'll set about 120 or so various colors of Coturnix.

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I just saw your Choco Scovy! how pretty!! too!

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Contest large Salt Pepper Shakers ~ I am soooo upset! I bought these at a cool shop on vacation and WAS going to use them for a contest! I opened them up to look at them to take images, and here the man had wrapped them together as one piece! They must have banged and chipped the hens comb [​IMG]
    I swear I need to watch every little thing everywhere I go! ughhhh

They were beautiful too!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    Oh no! Those are so pretty! I don't think some people will mind though. :)

5. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Thanks for the invite, Miss Sally, but, after last year, I resolved to never hatch in late summer or fall again. Tried it last year and just happened to have young juveniles on the ground and ranging~right in the middle of the fall hawk migration. First time I've ever lost a chicken to a hawk in all the years I've been free ranging. No more fall chicks for me...broke my perfect free range record! [​IMG]

Good success to all your hatchers out there! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Lynn Manes

Lynn Manes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2015
    California
    I'm in for my Cortinix quails. I would love to say I'm in with my Mille Fleur Old English bantam girl crossing with my Frizzle roo, but doggone it she's afraid of him and so can't get her bred. Maybe next year. She's only 8 months old and our Diva bird for sure. I think they could make some awesome looking chicks:) Will try to get the quail eggs going in the October date. Thanks. I've never joined in on something like this. Sounds like fun to see everyone's Halloween hatches:)

7. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I would! When I find some other stuff, I may send them along with something else IF they want them! LOL I am still upset, arent they pretty! I love the colors and the way its painted... argggg

[​IMG]
    I hear you! Since Npip I dont freerange not a good thing where I am with Hawk Migrations too! your welcome to stop by to chat or give any help if someone asks! Thanks for being there for me Bee! @Beekissed

8. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

YES! glad your hatching with us! [​IMG]

9. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by