2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. sonshine15

sonshine15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2015
    I just love all the pics, puppies too!! I like the cream color mentioned in the photo above also. Not sure how to multi quote to reply to everyone on their posts but they're all just great!

The "gerbils" meant somehow one must have replaced the roo. That chick is at a dead run chasing my finger and comes running when the door opens. Never seen a chick that fast and I worked where we sold them. I know she's got a couple+ weeks to go. Just crossing my fingers.
    Oh, and I did change to dry! The air sacs are looking better, although Fridays batch looks a tad small. Crossing fingers again. Just finished locking them down. The room humidity is a great post!!! Never thought of that before.........of course......here come the clouds so will be a bit up and down with the air hole coverage....

So happy to have found this thread!!! [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Choppers are great! Hubs has receeding gumline and he is a bit younger than I ha ha ha... I had a neener neener nana nana poo poo mintute with him!

a rustic livingroom

its cool to candle! white duck eggs my fav to candle!

[​IMG]and they call me a chicken nut! HA HA HA this cracked me up! so lets give this a run down.....

SHE WANTS ONE OR TWO OF EACH PLEASE! anyone got any eggs?

if your on a the BYC AP, it gets all screwy for me so I dont use it.

on full byc webpage.... you click multi under them as you read through posts and want to comment on them. when you clicked all of the MULTI posts you want, hit reply.
    [​IMG]

ps.... what do you mean air hole coverage? at hatch you keep them open as the embryo needs oxy in there. If you need humidity add a dish of water with a sponge in it or marbles so the chicks cant drown in it. Not sure I understood that correct .

4. mixedUPturk

mixedUPturk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2015
    Zachary, LA

Oh friend, u think your bad? I started in March, was given three chickens, now? I have 17, ive been through 40, selling and trading them yeilded us 3 turkeys, 7 ducks, and 3 quail :D i knew i was a nut before i started?! 21 duck eggs n the bator ;) bought a brinsea 40 after an LG fried my first set... Now we are in buiness!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  5. AllAboutMyGirls

AllAboutMyGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2015
    MD & VA
    Hi everyone!!! We will be setting next week!!!

6. youngchooklover

youngchooklover Overrun With Chickens

Feb 10, 2013
    yo momma
    1 person likes this.
  7. CaseyV

CaseyV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Mississippi
    Just set 90 coturnix eggs.

8. CaseyV

CaseyV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Mississippi
    You sound like me. I just moved back home July 1st, had no birds. At one point I had around 100 chickens and 100 quail. I'm down to 7 jubilee orpingtons, 5 lemon cuckoo orpingtons, 6 cream legbars, and 25 quail. Just set 90 quail eggs in the incubator and expecting a dozen or so assortment of black copper marans, sulmtalers, and cream legbars in a few days. I may need to go to poultry addicts anonymous. Lol

9. tao chick

tao chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2015
    Herkimer County, NY
    Haha. I can't get away with buying a new incubator yet. Similar story: My first 6 chicks were a gift. 4 were cockerels so she gave me 5 more chicks. Then I bought and set 45 eggs in the incubator I borrowed from her. 25 hatched successfully. Then my first pair started mating and laying so I set some pullet eggs. I haven't delved into other fowl yet. Ducks may be next.

10. tao chick

tao chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2015
    Herkimer County, NY
    That's a much quicker addiction. If you find a support group that doesn't have the side effect of more chickens, let me know. ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by