2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to ad, I messaged Sally early on. Wisdom: She gave me a hug avatar when I asked if she thought she'd make it:)
And you had everything absolutely under control! you did your homework well and took mighty fine care of her too!
hugs.gif
I like being honest, with chicks like that, you really dont know what will happen. And were you to breed her things would have to be "anotherway"
sad.png
like I have to now

Keep on chirpin chick!

I agree. It is awful and bad for businesses like mine bc people aren't ordering as much bc the shipping is so expensive. Yet on the other hand, we can only raise our prices just so much to cover it.

speaking of shipping, mybiggest mistake has been charging the $15 egg shipping, chicks I always priced actual, but I had gotten stuck many times with eggs, I have a BAD habit of adding way too many extras and then shipping is into 24/30 bucks!

Walnut very pretty!!! its neat you can still pair up chicks with adults!

did you have to dry them out or where they nice and dry? I thought ours were dry but when I went to cut some I could tell they were damp. I was afraid of twisting if I just glued and not put the top and bottom boards to hold in studs.
They were all dry, because it has taken me a while to get a big enough pile of them with all the nails pulled. My chicken habit kept getting in my way. However, I was reminded how important it is to make sure they are dry with my coop door.

When I was building the door, I ran out of boards, so I grabbed a few from a pile outside that had been rained on recently. I butted them together tight and glued and screwed them together. After they dried back out, the cracks between the boards are about 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide, where they were butted up tight when I put them together. No biggy for a coop, but a good learning experience.

They were all dry, because it has taken me a while to get a big enough pile of them with all the nails pulled. My chicken habit kept getting in my way. However, I was reminded how important it is to make sure they are dry with my coop door.

When I was building the door, I ran out of boards, so I grabbed a few from a pile outside that had been rained on recently. I butted them together tight and glued and screwed them together. After they dried back out, the cracks between the boards are about 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide, where they were butted up tight when I put them together. No biggy for a coop, but a good learning experience.
Wow thats a big slit!

Did you clean with bleach or anything? I didnt, just made sure they didnt have bugs lol

Ugh I am off to the Dentist with hubs, both dreading it, not a night without kids we will enjoy ucky ucky

Dental jokes appropriate, I think I will eat a Italian sub and some oreos just for fun

58036446.jpg

dn4.jpg

4-funny-dentist-funny-memes1.jpg

Funny-dentist-meme.jpg

disturbing-dentist_o_902454.jpg

I just remembered, I banded my new chicks with colored zipties, so I'll be able to take some pics like this when they grow up too!
LL
this would be a great color scheme for a room, adding more white/cream?
My kind of color scheme And thanks for reminding me that I need to make a dentist appointment.... Not! :D

Instead of cleaning the sewing room I bought more fabric. Oops.

So, I am having a tough time trying to find a source for cochin or brahma eggs. I'm loving the look of lemon blue cochin. Anyone here know of a source? Actually, I don't need to find pure breeds. I'm trying to add to my flock of rainbow layers. My current three layers are all medium to light brown egg-layers. I have two that will be laying soon that will probably lay light brown eggs. I have two dark brown egg laying pullets (one BCM and one Welsummer) and one blue egg laying pullet (CCL) that are 7-weeks-old. Big light-colored fluffy birds with pretty eggs. (The reason I say light-colored is because I already have some black birds in my flock. I'd love some lemon or lavender in my yard.) The cockerels I'm keeping will be blue-egg gene (Ameraucana) and dark brown egg gene (BCM). Maybe I need some EE? What do y'all think? Oooh, does anyone have some crested, bearded, feather-legged mixes that they would send me?

I may be the most impatient crazy chicken person. I unexpectedly started this whole endeavor in April. Now, I have 18 young birds, 8 eggs in the incubator, and I want to set at least a dozen somewhere between 10/3 and 10/9 so I can hatch along with y'all. It's a good thing I have a large barn/coop. It will be an interesting winter around here. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom