Pics
Hey everyone! I get my eggs tomorrow so thought I'd post in here even though I won't have any hatching for 30 days. I'm hatching buff Toulouse. Their 30 day's, correct? I key reading both 28 and 30. Just want to know so I know when to do the lock down. Tomorrow would count as day 1? I'll have them in the incubator by 2pm.

I'm in love! :love

3-25-20 (11).JPG

Hey everyone! I get my eggs tomorrow so thought I'd post in here even though I won't have any hatching for 30 days. I'm hatching buff Toulouse. Their 30 day's, correct? I key reading both 28 and 30. Just want to know so I know when to do the lock down. Tomorrow would count as day 1? I'll have them in the incubator by 2pm.

Good luck on your hatch!

Here's a link to Incubator Warehouse's chart of poultry incubation times: https://incubatorwarehouse.com/how-long-to-hatch-an-egg. There are factors like genetics & temperature of incubation that can cause variations on the time period. Like all animals, this can vary a bit from one individual to another.

Here's a hatching guide from BYC: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/goose-incubation-hatching-guide-completed.491013/

Hi there!
I hatch dewlap Toulouse and Sebastopols. The Toulouse usually hatch at 30-32 days. It's important to understand that they can take several days to complete their hatching process, so lockdown at 26 days is still a good idea. I start counting day 1 the day after I've put them in incubator. Good luck!

Hi there!
I hatch dewlap Toulouse and Sebastopols. The Toulouse usually hatch at 30-32 days. It's important to understand that they can take several days to complete their hatching process, so lockdown at 26 days is still a good idea. I start counting day 1 the day after I've put them in incubator. Good luck!

Thank you! It's been a few years since I've hatched anything so I'm nervous that I'm going to need this up. I'll lock down at 26 says and count Friday as day 1

Back
Top Bottom