Pics
The bright gosling is a male 100%

The other 4 are pied (they will have brown and white feathers as adults) so it's harder to say but when a brown goose and a white goose produce pied gosling's from my experience they all ended up female but there's still a chance of a male of course. What color are the parents?

I see a great variety in your gosling's!

The gosling behind the male is tufted meaning it will have a fluff of feathers on top of it's head when it's older 😊
The Gander is white and the Geese are pied. Infact I have two with Tufts, their mother also has a tuft.

Day 5! Tomorrow I'll start the daily misting and cool downs.
IMG_20200331_205512_732.jpg

Got to go down and mist my duckie eggs. Waiting for a few more goose eggs to start in the other incubator. I doubt they'll have a very high fertility rate so I want as many in there as will fit. Got zero today :( but two of the geese were on their alfalfa bale and the other one and the gander were hissing enthusiastically at me when I came to shut the door this evening. I'll bet there are three in the morning. The Incuvue is supposed to hold seventeen.:eek: Not sure I'm buyin' that, but I guess I'll try...

Got to go down and mist my duckie eggs. Waiting for a few more goose eggs to start in the other incubator. I doubt they'll have a very high fertility rate so I want as many in there as will fit. Got zero today :( but two of the geese were on their alfalfa bale and the other one and the gander were hissing enthusiastically at me when I came to shut the door this evening. I'll bet there are three in the morning. The Incuvue is supposed to hold seventeen.:eek: Not sure I'm buyin' that, but I guess I'll try...

17 goose eggs??? I've never tried. I guess it would depend on the size of the goose. I think 10 would be comfortable for hatching and turning properly in there though. I'll have to look at the picture I took with 9 eggs in my IncuView tomorrow.

17 goose eggs??? I've never tried. I guess it would depend on the size of the goose. I think 10 would be comfortable for hatching and turning properly in there though. I'll have to look at the picture I took with 9 eggs in my IncuView tomorrow.
I was planning on nine until I looked it up. (I have eight collected) but I guess seventeen would fit--three on each row with the eggs staggered from row to row and two in the back. As you say, a leetle tight! No way they're all gonna be fertile though, so it would only be for the first week. (Just watch them every one grow tiny 🕷 creatures inside, now I've said that.)

I was planning on nine until I looked it up. (I have eight collected) but I guess seventeen would fit--three on each row with the eggs staggered from row to row and two in the back. As you say, a leetle tight! No way they're all gonna be fertile though, so it would only be for the first week. (Just watch them every one grow tiny 🕷 creatures inside, now I've said that.)

You should definitely share a picture once you have the bator packed. Lol :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom