I doubt it's due to age. I've had geese in their 20s produce fertile eggs. Geese are long lived birds, 9 years old would just be the top end of their prime years.

Fingers crosses it hatches.
this is the third year im not getting many fertile eggs i don't know but few years ago his thing was bleeding ever since then i barely get fertile eggs

Better find another male if your wanting goslings. If your not wanting goslings don't let her set. Or let her set then around 30 days take her eggs and give them a couple goslings.
she never sits i had the egg in my bator all shes doings eating the rest of my eggs from my duck and chickens which is getting old

20200605_174142.jpg
20200605_072425.jpg

Last goslings for the year. 5 more yesterday.

4BF265DB-4652-4F63-9A09-B7469D8A3843.jpeg

I successfully grafted eight of their own (brooder started) older goslings to my geese who had managed to successfully hatch one of the five eggs I gave them. The little one is just to the left of the nearest goose's tail.

I’m up to 13 babies now and have 3 more due in the next few days, then 2 more groups of 2 for a total of 20 goslings... then I’m done! The incubator has been running for over 3 months straight, I'm ready to be done.

On the plus side, I’m at a 100% hatch rate on my fertile eggs, and I learnt my white goose is indeed dimorphic when my latest hatch included a solid blue baby :celebrate(dad is a dilute blue SB, mom is a white out of a lavender pen).

C449A855-3063-493D-B8A7-B85B939D1793.jpeg

This baby, the blue saddleback from my previous post a few weeks ago, is my sweetest by far; such a little lover. They grow too stinkin fast.

3C80E20C-2C6B-40A1-AFBF-B642CD9D03A3.jpeg

Both of these guys will most likely be staying here with me when I make flock cuts come fall.

Last edited:
I already kind of have a thread about my goslings (or well goose eggs) but I thought I would share here as well!

I have 12 White Chinese goose eggs in the incu that I got from ebay because I currently don't own any geese and would like to start breeding them. All of the eggs ended up being fertile, though a few seem to have a few messed up air cells. Two of the eggs also seem to be half the size of some of the larger eggs so I am slightly concerned that they are not actually goose eggs? Who knows. One of these smaller eggs formed a blood ring and I'm positive it won't hatch (but I left it in just because) but the other small one is still alive and moving.

The eggs are on day 25 today and I have put them in lock down! The biggest egg in the incu had seemed to internally pip? He (or she) might have just been shadowing though, I've never hatched or handled geese before so I wouldn't know. I think I heard some peeping when I was sitting outside and peeping at them but I may have just been imagining it because of my excitement! Oh and I might be going crazy but it seems several of the eggs are wiggling (as if to get into position).

I'm hoping all goes smooth and I don't have to assist or anything because all of the research I have done as me paranoid to open the incubator now that I have put them in lockdown.

Back
Top Bottom