Pics
Bummer your eggs are clear. Any chance they got too cold before you picked them up?

The coldest it has been here since the eggs were laid was 2°C so I don't think that was it.

But! Today just after I posted a goose laid an egg which is smaller than the others so I think I got 2 laying now!

The last 2 eggs (today's included) were different size and shape and laid 2 days between eachother so logical thinking, another goose is laying. I just don't know which goose laid which egg after thinking it was the buff (still could be her 😅).

Anyways the egg laid 2 days ago was put in the incubator straight away so let's see how that egg does. I'm going to collect the next couple of eggs again!

I think it's from my 8 month old looking at the eggs but any eggs laid will be incubated either way.

I just really want a buff gosling 😂

I have my first Buff gosling in the hatcher. I sat six eggs, but the other five were infertile. The next batch should be coming along to keep the loner company next week. I've got 14 more eggs in the incubator so far. I marked and put six infertile eggs in the nest, hoping that the goose would become broody, but so far she's content to just lay. Her first egg was laid 12/12/19.

Still no eggs here yet either. Georgia and Golly were very interested in the hay I put down on the floor of the hen house last weekend. I'm really hoping she'll hold off. The weather has been horribly wet and after her terrible time last year, I'd prefer she have a nice dry nest to try raising babies in.

I haven't witnessed any breeding behavior or huge mood swings yet either. Although they've been a bit more vocal. That could be from the migrating snow geese that pasture near the house though.

So update on my eggs! All infertile still, no embryo development and when I cracked open the eggs there's no bullseye in the yoke :/

Both males mated with the female so it has to be the female that's the issue. Incubator temperature etc are on the dot.

She laid a new egg this morning so I'm going to keep trying until I get a fertile egg!

Back
Top Bottom