Pics
After working in the yard all day yesterday there was a lot of breeding occurring. The gander has also become an immense pest, bothering all the other birds. I’ve seen the two of then scouting out a place for her to lay. Fingers crossed she gives me a couple more days to make some finishing touches on the breeding lens and move all the chickens and the turkey out and they’ll have a pen to themselves. :)

BB laid her very first egg today!! I am one proud mama goose!!
20200217_125729.jpg
20200217_125822.jpg

The geese now have the entire original pen to themselves and seem inordinately pleased. I did get tickled last night when after removing all the chickens I set up an area for her to nest in the hen house. They both wandered past the door to the hen house and saw the pile of hay and both stopped and looked at it and then at each other and then carefully extended their heads over the doorway and started mumbling to each other like, "Did you do this?", "No, did you?" lol It was quite funny.

Maybe with a big ol' nest and some extra hay to play with they will get down to business. :)

Haven't been here in a while because I'm super busy with work atm!

So update, my goose has been laying for 2 months now and still non fertile 😂

I had a broody hen so I put 4 eggs under her and none were fertile still.

I'm still going to incubate every egg!

Meanwhile, 10 days ago I put in 23 chicken eggs and 6 guinea eggs.

All guinea eggs were infertile but 20 chicken eggs are fertile.

Spring is approaching fast so hopefully the time of year will make my goose eggs fertile.

Back
Top Bottom