24 pk of pheasant eggs from Pa

wilds of pa

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 17, 2007
The Blue Mountains of Pa
Hi, i got a fresh 24 pk of pheasant eggs this batch SOLD..More eggs listed now on eggbid..........

~(Blue BackS X Melanistic)~

Pay~pal only~no e-checks... send to

Thanks
Charlie

chochens005_final.jpg

chochens011.jpg

pheasantrun004.jpg

Last edited:
I want those eggs but I don't have a permit yet or a pen.

Is the netting the only thing on the top of your pheasant pen? What is the size of the pen? Do the birds keep the little bushes trimmed by eating or do youhave to go in an prune them? Is this a year round pen? Do you have little houses for them for the winter?

My pen houses 25 it is a 18'x35' it should have ben 20x30 but someone was not good a measuring. Yes, it is only netting on top, (I kinda copied Charlie on my pen.) In the winter you should put a little cover, remember they are like wild animals and survive the harshest winters in the Dakotas. I also added a bunch of clipped tree limbs for cover. THey like to sleep in them.
my pens aren't as great as charlies.
035.jpg

036-1.jpg

038.jpg

037.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
MissPrissy, yup netting is from cutlers pheasant supply and i have 12 ga wire strung across the inside poles and on all sides of the top to help hold the netting firmly in palce...When you get your permit let me know..Hopefully they will be laying yet...I see you need a permit just to possess game birds there in your state..
http://www.dgif.state.va.us/forms/PERM/PERM-014.pdf

my pen is 25'Wx100'Lx8'H

They do eat the grass in there and some of the hens will fly up into the little tree's and bushes to eat bugs and leaves..

However I do have to weed wack it sometimes as there arent enough birds to keep the grass down to where i like it. The taller the grass, the harder it is to find the eggs. But they are happy as they have lots of room..

Got 2 pheasant hens brooding right now in there, same hens that hatched babies out the last few years and raise them up right in with the others,

i let them each have about 9 eggs that i marked and i check the nest for newly deposited eggs a few times a day to remove those new ones.

If there is enough room when your build your pen, you may get lucky and some of the hens will go broody for you..

Charlie

Last edited:
I have applied for permit. Just waiting now. I am thinking about how to build the pen now in the right location.

I'm working on a permit too (Maine). Here they actually send someone out to inspect your cages so I have to have them done before I send in the permit application.
roll.png

Yup they come here every year at least once a year and re check my set ups. The only thing i didnt like is they come onto my property unannouced..
They drive up our 500ft driveway and just get out and hike right up to my pens to look.
Now i told them next time they must come to my door first, i dont want them coming from another farm and going to my pens with out the boots being sprayed. they said they would comply with that.. so all is good now..

Charlie

Ticks, Dont they have it listed on there DCNR OR GAME COMMISION SITE.. if not you will have to call and ask just to make sure..
Better safe then sorry....

Charlie

Last edited:
Quote:
Right, it just says for any wild animal I would need a permit. I will e-mail the game warden comissoner (a good friend of my dad's) and ask him.

Back
Top Bottom