$295??? They're kidding right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just requires a little work on your part to find them.

Gritsar, unfortunately this is a lacking element today, effort. I have seen our very small church pay a $400 power bill to keep power on for a family in just one offering. BUT the family had to reach out and ask, not demand. A rudeness has come over this nation and it is such a shame. People cannot expect people to be willing to help on any level when they are rude.

I had many years taken people to buy them a meal in a restaurant if they were in need. But would never bother with someone being rude. Burger King worked with me on this by providing free meals and I believe they still do. Other restaurants also are willing to help those in need, as far as food. Many churches have programs where medicine is donated from deceased members to help needy. What I have to repeat people who can help are getting extremely frustrated with the direction of some rude people.​

Last edited:
Quote:
And for you to live in an area where you have more than two choices within a couple hour's drive.

Actually I do. My internist (my regular dr.) is an hour away. I suffered through a three hour drive to see my rheumatologist yesterday. I don't do well on long car rides. I won't go to the local hospital. Instead we drive an hour to the best hospital in our very rural area.
Our vet is an hour away, too. One of my critters would have to be at death's door before I'd take him/her to the local vet.

Quote:
I would NOT suggest that, because percentages frankly don't mean much.. My multi says it contains 2mg of copper, which is 100% of the daily allowance. Ok, but is that copper sulfate, copper chelate, or copper oxide? Is part of it chelate and part of it sulfate? What's the ratio?

If you're going to start comparing Rx's to OTCs, at least go through the %'s and the actual ingredient list.. If you can find one that's exactly the same %'s and ingredients, fine...but I seriously doubt that's going to happen.

You'd be hard-pressed to find an OTC prenatal with metafolin, for instance.. Folic acid, yeah, but not metafolin, and some people -- a lot of people, actually -- have something called the "methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase mutation" which prevents them from being able to break down folic acid. Those people can take the world's supply of straight folic acid and still run a much higher risk of having a child with spina bifida or other neural tube defects..

Not exactly worth saving $36/mo.

All I'm saying is...be careful.

Last edited:
Quote:
Gritsar, unfortunately this is a lacking element today, effort. I have seen our very small church pay a $400 power bill to keep power on for a family in just one offering. BUT the family had to reach out and ask, not demand. A rudeness has come over this nation and it is such a shame. People cannot expect people to be willing to help on any level when they are rude.

If a person gets really sick and loses their job and health insurance coverage and racks up $100,000+ in medical bills in the blink of an eye, all they really need to do is ask nicely and someone will swoop in and pay for it all?

Is that really what you're suggesting is the solution to this country's healthcare crisis?

Quote:
Just out of curiosity...and perhaps this should be in a PM, but...but have you ever had anyone do a check of your 25-hydroxyvitamin-D3 level? If not, you might consider having your doc run one. Vitamin D3 isn't really a vitamin, but a prehormone, and an extremely potent anti-inflammatory by virtue of its ability to regulate the TH1/cellular immune system.

Given that autoimmune/rheumatalogical conditions are essentially over-reactions of the cellular immune system (attacking self as non-self), it might help you to get your D3 levels up if they're low.. Docs will tell you that anything between 20-80ng/ml is OK because that's what their books tell them, but emerging research is showing that 50-60ng/ml should be the bare minimum.. Point being, don't just ask for a thumbs up or down -- ask for the numbers and go from there.

Just a thought..
smile.png

Quote:

If a person gets really sick and loses their job and health insurance coverage and racks up $100,000+ in medical bills in the blink of an eye, all they really need to do is ask nicely and someone will swoop in and pay for it all?

Is that really what you're suggesting is the solution to this country's healthcare crisis?

I am not suggesting a solution to a large problem just solutions to ones that can be solved now. Actually having worked for both a university and a hospital if a patient cannot pay $100,000 it is written off, and the person usually ends up paying nothing in that instance. What I am discussing is on a much more people level, and being rude never gets anybody anywhere when looking for help. There is no shame is actually asking rather than demanding. In my line of work at the time rude equaled jail and polite equaled help. Of course jail is one place to get free medical, dental, mental health, and RX care.

Quote:
Just out of curiosity...and perhaps this should be in a PM, but...but have you ever had anyone do a check of your 25-hydroxyvitamin-D3 level? If not, you might consider having your doc run one. Vitamin D3 isn't really a vitamin, but a prehormone, and an extremely potent anti-inflammatory by virtue of its ability to regulate the TH1/cellular immune system.

Given that autoimmune/rheumatalogical conditions are essentially over-reactions of the cellular immune system (attacking self as non-self), it might help you to get your D3 levels up if they're low.. Docs will tell you that anything between 20-80ng/ml is OK because that's what their books tell them, but emerging research is showing that 50-60ng/ml should be the bare minimum.. Point being, don't just ask for a thumbs up or down -- ask for the numbers and go from there.

Just a thought..
smile.png

Yes, I take a vitamin D3 supplement (cholecalciferol); 3,000 IUs a day. On the suggestion of my rheum. I also take magnesium maleate and ginkgo biloba. I'm working on cutting white flour and white sugar out of my diet. Of course there are some prescription drugs I also take.
I'm doing better with the fibro. and lupus than I have in years. The intravertebral hemangiomas however they can do absolutely nothing about without risking paralysis and death.
Thanks for the post.
smile.png

Hey, Grit, have you ever tried remecaid or the new one (Humira?). I know they both have crossed from RA to IBD world (for which I am eternally thankful!). I don't know much about RA specifically, but I understand the whole stupid immune system deal.
hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom