3 week BR, is she/he a hen or rooster?

If you're talking about feather sexing, it only works if a slow-feathering breed is bred with a fast-feathered breed. This chick was most likely not bred like that.
Most likely so but I had a slow feathering frizzle bantam (she died today) bred with a slow feather polish easter egger roo!!! And I can tell you exactly the sex of everyone of my chicks every time

Most likely so but I had a slow feathering frizzle bantam (she died today) bred with a slow feather polish easter egger roo!!! And I can tell you exactly the sex of everyone of my chicks every time
Just curious, how did you know both were slow-feathering? And you did say you had a 90% success rate, not 100%...

Just curious, how did you know both were slow-feathering? And you did say you had a 90% success rate, not 100%...
I have had them since they hatched under my oldest hens and they developed slowly and for the 90% I have feather sexed them too late some times.... it can be hard to judge after 5-6 weeks with feather sexing

To sex a barred breed from the feathers you look at the color. A male will have wide white/grey bars and a female will have wide black bars. This is a young pullet.

I am NOT! an expert. Going by this standard, I agree pullet. However the stance and comb scream Cockerel to me. I had a bantam Cochin that looked the same. Large comb and King of the Brooder. I named him Lulu hoping he was a pullet. He is now ruler of my coop and comes to the name Lulu-man.

I wish you luck! I hope Frazzemrat is right!

Back
Top Bottom