3 week old chicks have mites! What do I do??

I have been told by more than one person that the reason seven dust is not approved for poultry is because you can never eat the eggs again (ever). So I would do some serious research before using it.

That sounds a bit much to say never. People use it in their gardens around here. I guess it could be different with chickens (I don't know for sure), but I know with produce you just have to use it a certain amount of time before harvest. My worry was if it would effect the health of the birds, but I'm curious to find out what the facts are if anyone has researched this.

I have been told by more than one person that the reason seven dust is not approved for poultry is because you can never eat the eggs again (ever). So I would do some serious research before using it.
Not true. sevin dust will not hurt your chickens, and you can eat their eggs. I have been using it for over 30 years on chickens, dogs, cats, and some people use it in their gardens.

You have been told misinformation by fearmongers. It's not supposed to be used on poultry because it's no longer "labeled" for poultry in the US.

It's perfectly safe to use and many other countries still use it. Technically people in the US aren't supposed to use it, but only because we aren't supposed to use pesticides that aren't labeled for use in poultry.

I'm happy to see some feed back on Seven dust. You just never know when you read something, even if it's from several people. I usually end up doing tons of research but have never had a reason to with this product.
If my hubby and I were the only ones eating the eggs then it would worry me less. Since we share with friends and family I want to be certain there is nothing harmful.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom