4 Ameraucanas

Well, any green would be good. We are going to get Maran girls. Would need another rooster then.....Would an Am roo over a Maran produce olive egger? I dont know egg color genetics at all...(and I just told my 12 yr old your answer, and she concurred....I guess she has been reading more than I have lol). She thinks the Am roo over a maran would produce olive eggers--true?

Yes, your 12 year old is correct. A true Ameraucana rooster (or a rooster of any blue egg laying breed) X a Marans hen (or a hen of any chocolate egg laying breed) will indeed produce Olive Eggers.

Thanks. I guess I can ask the kid before asking here lol. She has been frequenting the genetics forums. We may start some breeding projects. Chicken math has is in full effect.....It looks like if we want to make olive eggers I need another roo...Never really wanted one and now I am looking at at least 3 (have rhodebars too...got given 2 cockerels)

Thanks. I guess I can ask the kid before asking here lol. She has been frequenting the genetics forums. We may start some breeding projects. Chicken math has is in full effect.....It looks like if we want to make olive eggers I need another roo...Never really wanted one and now I am looking at at least 3 (have rhodebars too...got given 2 cockerels)

You're welcome. It definitely sounds like your daughter knows what she is doing. Very few BYC members are immune to chicken math. :eek:)

We do have a rooster....His comb has gotten increasingly redder than the other 3 and he has the pointed hackle and saddle feathers. Does anyone want a roo??? He will have to go and we will get another one, I am pretty sure the 4 are siblings. He is very pretty!

Back
Top Bottom