4 Pirates adrift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
One rocket while he was out of the boat and it would have been over, does anybody see a resemblance to foreign policy of about 30 years ago. This has to be terrible for the moral of the Navy as well as the captain in a lifeboat watching the most powerful navy in the world do nothing.
he.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif

Maybe they didn't have a weapon zeroed in on the boat when the Captain jumped out. I'm sure the Navy is doing everything they can.

Thank God in the last few minutes they have announced here in the UK that he is free. The pirates have been killed.

Excellent news for his family.
thumbsup.gif

It is about time someone stopped these things happening.

Quote:
Yes it is changing. We're becoming part of the world. It's now brains over brawn. Instead of just killing anybody that steps on our toes, we're asking them not to do it or we might then have to kill them. As far as the X-tian thing goes there are a lot of people that are not X-tian that live in the US. Don't be embarrassed. At least not for our standing in the world. Our place in the world is much higher than it has been for a very long time.

How is life in fantasy land?

I feel so sad for all of you. That is meant very sincerely. I am very happy with our government. I might not be in 2016 but for now I am.

By the way the Captain did get rescued by our Navy. The pirates are dead. Now I'm really sorry for you. Lost your ammo.

Quote:
Thankfully the BBC is on top of it. I often turn to the BBC for real American and world new as they seem to have some journalistic integrity left.

Now that the Captain has been freed, does anyone suppose that our President will say anything about this situation now? Perhaps the reason why he said nothing of it earlier is because they were still deliberating on what sugar coated name to give this? Since "Overseas Contingency Act" is already taken, I think they should have gone with "High Seas Contingency Act".

Quote:
Lost our Ammo? What was this...day four? C'mon, try a dose of reality!

Means it was resolved. The pirates are dead and the Captain is okay. Things take time sometimes just like Englishchick said. Sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted. Harder to criticize when it's done right.

Quote:
Thankfully the BBC is on top of it. I often turn to the BBC for real American and world new as they seem to have some journalistic integrity left.

Now that the Captain has been freed, does anyone suppose that our President will say anything about this situation now? Perhaps the reason why he said nothing of it earlier is because they were still deliberating on what sugar coated name to give this? Since "Overseas Contingency Act" is already taken, I think they should have gone with "High Seas Contingency Act".

You have to give Obama a break he needed several days to set up a committee to tell him how to act when dealing with thugs. Kudos to our Navy!!

I am not American and I am sorry if what I say will dismay anyone, but this matter has been serious,and has been treated as such.

Nothing has been said by anyone because this poor brave man was alone on a very small boat with 4 men who would not think anything of removing his head.

That is why the navy have been quiet, and the govt. I may be wrong but I believe you will now see some real action to stop this happening again.

If they give any notice or words to these animals who are carrying out these acts of piracy, then the number of attacks will increase.

there is no reasoning with these guys, they have nothing to lose.

Don't knock anyone too quickly please. if any shots had been fired before now it could have meant this man's life.

Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom