4 week australorp pic anyone?

clemson11

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 27, 2008
UT
I just was wondering if anyone has any pics of 3 to 5 week australorp chicks. I am curious to see what they look like when they are little.

Here are some of my australorps in their (very) ugly duckling stage. They were right around 4 weeks in these picture.

22179_dsc00024.jpg

22179_dsc00026.jpg

And here's one at about 8-9 weeks with my two-year-old daughter

22179_ty_chicken.jpg

Last edited:
Springchicken -
Sex of those birds, please? I've got 3 Australorps - one I'm pretty sure is a roo - pink comb bigger than the others at 4 weeks and change. Actually "his" comb is similar to your birds. I new to this and have nothing to compare him to other than the other birds we got - a couple of barred rocks and EEs.

Here are pictures of my roo and hen, they are about 4 weeks-

P1030361.jpg

This is the hen
P1030278_1.jpg
this is the roo looking at the rain

they are both real sweethearts-

I have a pile of 5-6 week old black aussies. They are the ugliest chickens that I have ever seen. Although they are beautiful when they grow up. I had a lady that wanted a few but when she saw them she changed her mind until I showed her adult birds.

They are so mild tempered and loving chickens. Wonderful breed. I just sexed mine tonight.

I had never heard of them until I bought a few and now everyone that sees my birds wants chicks.

Darin

Mine will be 5 weeks in the next couple days. My wife went down stairs to look at them the other days and says to me "Ugh, why did you choose this breed again?"
lol.png
Evidently, she thought they were ugly too. After I explained to her that they are supposed to be proficient brown egg layers that are winter hardy, curious, and not flighty she seemed to calm down a touch.
wink.png

To of my Australorps have a single white tail feather though, I wondered what that was all about but I'm figuring it's something that will change as they age.

Back
Top Bottom