9th egg 1/2 zipped broody won't stay on it*link to video in post 11

kipepeo

Songster
10 Years
May 26, 2009
NC KS
what should i do i have brought in house it is peeping and chilled HELP

I have it on a moist heating pad (microwaved)

32511_1007070001.jpg

Last edited:
You can also wrap the egg in a damp paper towel so it won't dry out too quickly. The ideal situation would be to let the momma take care of it, but it sounds like that's not happening.

If it is halfway zipped around the egg already, i would just carefully see if I could pull the halves apart and let the chick out. I would set it on clean paper towels to dry, under a brooder lamp but keep a close eye. Sometimes those chicks are weak and can't get closer/farther from the heat at first and could cook or chill. There is a fair chance it will be weak an never walk, just linger a day and die, but you never know. I would try to help it.

its out I peeled the top off and then waited for it to push itself out while keeping damp cloth over it we will se how it goes know it is not ideal but had to give it a chance since it was halfway here and mom wasn't staying on it. Found the 8th chick hatched out yesterday and had to get it warmed up and then placed in under last night and it is fine.

THX for help

Good Job!!

keep baby about 90-95 degrees or so. I have put a 1/2 drop of Karo syrup in a weak chicks mouth to keep them going until they are strong if they are still weak after a day or so and not eating or drinking yet. It is probably too early to even bother with the karo. Might just be fine. Good luck with this baby! This one will probably be your favorite!!

Last edited:
Baby is all fluffy dry and walking I popped back under mom tonight so hopefully will all be well in the morning

Back
Top Bottom