A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by duluthralphie, Apr 5, 2015.

1. feistychick

feistychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2015
    Northern Washington coast
    Charmed - I'm sorry about your mom.

As far as Charlie goes, I can't offer much advice about whether it's seasonal for toms (I'll be interested to hear what others say about this). I'm just starting to see my own boys fighting. So far they seem to keep each other amused with their snood-pulling games, but we're working on a new run for the chickens so I can separate them from the turkeys when they get too rough.

2. charmedbaker

charmedbaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mountain Mom, I am so sorry for your loss! It's awful dealing with the loss of a pet and doubly bad when you have a child dealing with it too.
    I hope you can catch the fox(es) so they can't do it again.

3. charmedbaker

charmedbaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Memphis,
    Sorry to hear your bearded lady lost her beard! I don't really know for sure that it will grow back but if she has feathers and good health it might. And no one else plucking it!

My chickens peck at Charlie's beard all the time. Like they are trying to rip it out but They are grooming him. He yelps and turns away. Like a guy getting his chest hairs waxed.
    At this rate he is going to be a beardless Tom.

4. memphis

memphis Overrun With Chickens

Aug 6, 2012
    I'm suspecting Daisy pulled Annie's beard out. They aren't with the chickens and when they are the chickens ignore them. I had Annie on my lap last evening. After about 15 minutes Daisy started pulling on her tail. Daisy is jealous. I think she considers my lap her personal roost. Hopefully it will grow back. I want it to get long enough to braid...she'd look cute with a little deadlock! :D

MM...did you get the new hen? How is your daughter?

5. memphis

Aug 6, 2012
    Ralphie. ..cheer us up....send us pictures of some of those calico turkeys.

6. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    I need to go open the door for them soon.
    If I can remember I will set up the IPhone to take a video of them flying out of the coop. Yesterday one of the silly hens flew into a guide wire on the light pole. I was worried she had mortally wounded herself, But she shock it off and seemed ok last night.

7. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I need to reheat my coffee, it is cold.. I hate cold coffee

8. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    Here is a video of the morning release, They did not go where they normally do. I assume because I was taping it.

The video is not exciting but at 32 seconds into it the Meth Boys (BBB) decide to try and fly. That is funny. They think they have it down pat.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  9. memphis

Aug 6, 2012
    OMG Ralphie!! That was great! What a crew of birds. The meth boys trying to fly was too funny! Thanks! I needed cheering up!

I hate cold coffee too!

10. Auroradream26

Auroradream26 Smothered in Feathers Premium Member

May 14, 2013
    Central, PA
    Lol, wow! My chickens come charging out like that but the turkeys just kind of meander out haha! I take it, that's their favorite bush there?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by