A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

We’re having a nice day here. The last two days were cold and miserable. Wet, drizzly, gusty... only DH is trying to get back home from Mayo (in Rochester) and the 90 is FLOODED. I guess our icky weather went east and sprouted a bunch of malevolent tentacles as it went. WTH? Since when does I-90 flood? Anyway he’s visiting his mom in Sioux Falls so maybe they’ll have the cork pulled by then. As of now though, he’ll either have to stay the night or make a big detour.

View attachment 1906853

I have a special finger for you and @duluthralphie for this. :(. It has been absolutely miserable here too.

But lookit what i picked up this mornin from my tree! Ain’t they just gorgeous! Two more days of this and there will be a puddin bakin in my oven. Yay! Not sure how long they will be a secret from the escape convicts though. Had a herd of em round me this mornin beggin as they fell in my bucket. One even braved gettin next to me and in my bucket.
I have been watching the grapes all summer. Yesterday they looked close to being ripe. This morning they were completely gone. Of course, the few apples that didn't end up wormy or knocked off by the hail storm have been half eaten by songbirds.

We have barely reached 60 all week. I am not sure if it did yesterday.

But I did talk to Noah the other day. He is working on some kind of boat. He called it an “Ark”.
63.9 F here and so dark, I had to make the chickens leave the shed to go into the run. Yesterday was 98.9 and I couldn't let them out without first adding some potatoes and veggies.:idunno

I have been watching the grapes all summer. Yesterday they looked close to being ripe. This morning they were completely gone. Of course, the few apples that didn't end up wormy or knocked off by the hail storm have been half eaten by songbirds.

Oh no! Doesnt that make you so mad! Last year it was my maters for the first round. The rabbits got in my peas.

Ha
Around here they are not ready until after a frost

That is how it used to be here too. But since we have been home it has been this time both years. This year though omg they are crazy sweet! It was an almost one for the bucket one for my belly today lol!

If my lil granny b was still here she probably would not let me render them truth. E told. Cause she was of the must not do til after the first frost for them to be good n sweet. But if i waited til them i would not get many at all.

So I just found this thread, I have two Bronze Turkeys. Both Toms. Both 5mo old..
They stay puffed up from the time I open the run, until bedtime
. wonder if they are courting my chickens, or do they just do that?
I fear getting them one or 2 mates. But they really dont just chill out, always fanned out. This is my 1st attempt at raising Turkeys, and I'm learning as I go. They are friendly, I pick them up(they are heavy) and pet them. They follow me everywhere
Screenshot_2019-09-06-22-11-01.png

Back
Top Bottom