A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

It's only 27 here right now. But the sun is out.

Fighting turkeys....freaks me out. They can be so mean.
I saw some sun today. Still have ice and patchy snow. Temp went to 14 last night, and I expect it will go to 10 or lower tonight. Another day and it may mild up a little bit just so I can have more rain and/or a frozen mix for several more days. Temp right now is at 25 and windchill of 15. I hate winter.
:oops:

Finally figured out why my old truck heater blower wasn't working, nor was I getting any heat. Got the part today but not motivated to go put it in yet. Besides, I have no plans to go anywhere anytime soon. By the time I finished outside today, my gumption went on vacation. Partly because I managed to trip over a cinder block day before yesterday and pulled a hamstring, so now I'm all stiffened up like a broom has been placed.........yeah, there.
:lau

Something got my 8-year-old Muscovy duck hen last night - at least I cannot find her. Another injured. One duck is ok. (Don't gloat Ralphie) Depending on how Princess does, I may only have one duck left. (sigh) I put their feed in their coop and they promptly beelined for the bottom of the yard as they absolutely abhor being penned. I've fought that battle for several years and they had always managed. Most times they would roost on the chicken shed or on top of the house. Anyway, I left the door open and let them go since I can barely walk, let alone chase them down when they fly away. :(

Turkey-wise - all my big turkeys are together. The two toms only fight when I let them out in the big run. The midget white toms are into beak/mouth fights and pulling snoods. Then they try to gang up on the Big Boys - who just knock them over. One thing I've noticed is that the midget whites seem to have an accelerated maturation schedule. They seem to do things (like fighting) much earlier than the big turkeys did.

@memphis - as to friendliness, when I go into the coop, I have to wade through the MW's and all the chickens. They want to just crowd around. They are very very friendly although I have one MW hen who thinks my fingers are food snacks. And, they have picked at my old barn coat so bad, I just had to re-sew buttons on - and now, they have managed to have poked holes in it. Between the chickens and the turkeys, they are working on fraying them as quickly as possible. It's a real trip to sit down there with the birds, all the while trying to keep my digits intact and the turken hen off my head!
:pop

Back
Top Bottom