Merry Christmas

Has anyone heard from R2elk?

I am starting to worry about him..

:old
He was on this morning

Screenshot_20201225-194619.png

So I've got these two beautiful jennies
IMG_20201226_133238930.jpg

They are the same color. I am not absolutely sure what color that is, but Slater is definitely the father (sweetgrass x blue slate) here is how Slater looks now!
IMG_20201226_133248242.jpg

The mother, I am guessing, is my red bronze hen Pretty Girl, here she is
IMG_20201226_133332122.jpg

She is burbon red x royal palm. Rosabelle and Annabelle both have brown eyes, so that means bronze base underneath, right? They are my royal palm and burbon red hens, respectively. Opinions?

Here's a close up of the tail on one of those jenniesView attachment 2464291
Unless you think it's a sweetgrass mom?
We hatched one that color this past spring.... but her head is blue??? I will try to get pics but she is beautiful just blue skin on her head. yours look to have normal colored heads.... its weird I know. red slate???

I walked in on a rare event yesterday, all but one turkey hen were on the floor. It’s been so long since I have seen anything but the bellies and underside of my hens I had forgotten how stunning some of them are.

The mottling and markings were amazing. I hope I get to see them again, hopefully I will have a camera with me to get some pictures.

I wonder if turkey hens in the wild live in trees or do they find abandoned tall buildings and live in rafters too?

I walked in on a rare event yesterday, all but one turkey hen were on the floor. It’s been so long since I have seen anything but the bellies and underside of my hens I had forgotten how stunning some of them are.

The mottling and markings were amazing. I hope I get to see them again, hopefully I will have a camera with me to get some pictures.

I wonder if turkey hens in the wild live in trees or do they find abandoned tall buildings and live in rafters too?
They are on the ground here, until something scares them into the trees...

Oh yes, Rosabelle sometimes hangs out in the rafters until I feed everyone. Also any time someone is molting, they pout and fuss and won't come down as much, probably because their pin feathers are uncomfortable. Otherwise, they won't leave me alone in the yard. They are nosey year round, even in snow.

Back
Top Bottom