A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Looks like I have some Red Sweetgrass poults from my Fall Fire pair, looking forward to seeing how they turn out. (Another variety added to my flock :D) Almost done hatching for the year. Just have 6 eggs from my bronze in incubator to go into lockdown on Sunday 22nd hatch Thur. 26th. It's been 3 years since I hatched any bronze, so I thought I better hatch a few to keep line going. And one Sweetgrass nest that a different hen was laying in without me knowing for about a week, so all the nests owners' eggs hatched together a few days ago and still has 5 eggs from the other hen. I see one pipped today so probably will take the next week for those stragglers to finish hatching. Should be done with all hatching for the year before end of May. Last 2 weeks have been crazy, brooders overflowing with fluffy little turkey butts:lol:

When I was coming back to the house this morning their were wild turkey tracks in the snow on the bottom 2 steps of the staircase up to the deck.

Got 1 1/2" pf snow yesterday.
It was almost 90 here yesterday and today. And humid... Should be high 60s,low 70s.
Snow doesn't sound that bad compared to July weather 🌡️

Wild hussy was in the poultry yard getting serviced. 3 of my hens with poults, took offense and chased her towards the house and she was trying to get through the fence. I came out and she ran to the back of the poultry yard. Eventually she flew over the fence.
I know how your poor Tom felt being used like that! Poor Guy.

@R2elk snow!? No, you can keep that over there to yourself! We will be getting 90° tomorrow. I think we're going out paddle boarding tomorrow for the first time since July last year when we all got covid. I'm looking forward to it :)
The last I looked they are predicting a low of 25°F for tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom