a good chicken magazine ??????

There's not a lot of choice in poultry magazines out there so I recommend buying a few copies of all of them and deciding for yourself.

Backyard Poultry is the easiest to find in my area and I like it right well. I like Practical Poultry better still but it's out of the UK and costs seven or eight dollars a copy. There is a new one called Chickens put out by Hobby Farms that may yet shape up, but just now I find it to be a bit lightweight. If you have an interest in showing then you want to check out Poultry Press.

Agreed on Hobby Farm's "Chickens" magazine!! I've found it to be really great (they've only put out a few issues: 3 in 2010), but I've read them all cover to cover! Again, not available for subscription yet, but it only took 2 seasons for "Urban Farm" magazine to get to a subscription, so hopefully it shouldn't be long if there's a lot of interest! I was able to find my copies at Barnes and Noble.

As for Backyard Poultry, it's good, but I find they repeat articles. Not that it's not informative, but it'd be nice to have fresh info if possible. They also discuss other poultry, such as ducks, geese, and turkeys, none of which I have. So I find I usually skip about 30% of the magazine looking for just Chickens stuff...

Yes I like the magazine also.
Signature Poultry & Game Birds is a great company to do business with , I found them in the magazine.
Signature Poultry has everything plus when I called their customer service, they were easy to talk with. They also are teaching my kids the poultry business. They have a conference call each week set up for anyone who has question's about poultry and game birds. Very Cool.
I bought 100 chicks and they are all doing well. The birds are so beautiful I think I'am going to start showing them
at the fairs.
Mike Stone

BTW, I have no chickens yet, either! I guess i should change my name...
roll.png
but I am interested in
Chanteclers
Dominiques
Australorp
Sussex
Wyandotte
Buff Brahma
Easter Egger
Faverolle
Mille Fleur

What about you?
frow.gif
We have a small flock, 3 hens in all. 1 Barred Rock, who has been with us about 3 years, and 2 Silver Laced Wyandotte Pullets 3 months old. We would
like to get them together but arent sure how they
will get along.

Back
Top Bottom