A hundred bucks a meal? Are you guys pulling my leg? With poll

How many of you spend a hundred dollars on a meal for a couple?

• I do weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do monthly

• I do yearly

• I have, but only a few times

• I never have but would like to

• No! Are you outta your everlovin' mind?!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
We eat at "fancy places" 4-6 times per year. For the two of us the check is anywhere from $125-175. Folks should budget their disposable income however it gives them the most pleasure. This is ours.

Snails and squid and mussels are yummy ol' delicious says I.

I spend more than that sometimes... I like to go here>> http://www.nordiclodge.com/
Its
an all you can eat lobster buffet... they also have all you can eat prime rib/steak/shrimp/clams/oysters/ every dessert under the sun/ and EVERY thing else.....
Its like $80 bucks a person...
hide.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Deb I already loved you before but when you said escargot...
love.gif
I love you even more
hugs.gif
My all time favorite appy!!!
My husband and I go to dinner about once every 3 months.It's around 75$.I have 1 drink hubbie has 2. Chicken Parm for me or crab legs?? Steak for DH.
He goes out with his buddies maybe once a month for a beer and munchies 20$???
and I go out after I play softball 1-2 x a month only on wing night- 3$ a dozen and free beer
smile.png
cost me 4$ el cheapo:)
drinks with the girls-( all my SIL's and my sis) once every 2 months Margaritas and nachos or something like that 20$ max for me...
dinner at my fav mex restaurant with one of my bestest BYC buddies 75$ for the both of us once every 2 months

Sounds like alot of going out but if I put it on a calender it isn't to me?? Come Oct through May hardly ever!

Oh yeah, once a year waaaay over $100.00. It is a special occasion for our family and my wife and I pick up the tab for six adults and sometimes two children. I am just glad we can do it; it is always a fun time.

Quote:
droolin.gif

I could soooo go there! There's a place like that in Cinncinnati I went to once, can't remember the name, but it had ACRES of tables of hot seafood, cold seafood, awesome stuff galore and THEN they brought your entree; either a huge or a huge lobster tail. It was wicked good!

I'm still stuck on this:

We don't spend over $200.00 a month on groceries (Usually around $150.00 to $200.00) and are raising two kids plus we feed any of the neighborhood younguns that happen to be at the house at meal time.

We spend twice that and don't even buy beef or pork, nor do we buy goodies or convenience foods. I don't see how it's even possible to spend $200/mo on groceries in today's world for more than just one person. You must not eat much or not eat three meals a day. Of course, we don't buy eggs, either.

Going out to eat is pretty much a thing of the past with us, much less spending that huge amount on it. We're retired military and live exclusively on his pension check with no supplemental income. With gasoline and groceries and everything else skyrocketing, it would be completely stupid to spend $100 (or even $30) on one meal for 2 people. Once every six months, we may swing through Checkers and grab a couple burgers to eat on the run or something along those lines.​

No, but we do spend about $70 for a meal for two every 2-3 months. Not even really pricy places, but once you get an appetizer and drinks, its just expensive to go out. We can afford it, though, and other than those meals we hardly ever eat out...we never, ever get fast food, for example.

I did it too
tongue.png

For my brothers 21st B-day, a couple years ago... he had wanted to go back to a restaurant our parents took him too for a birthday years before. It was one of those Japaneese places where you sit around the cooking top and the chef tosses everything in the air and makes jokes while he cooks in front of you
tongue.png

We had a lot of fun... it was My mom, brother, our mutual friend, brothers GF, my BF, and me....
It was my treat... but add on all the 21st Bday drinks and it was about $500
th.gif

For my 21st we all drove up to Disneyland for the day
cool.png
It was less expensive and alot more fun
big_smile.png

My family was never big on celebrating *every* single B-day to much extent... most years we would get a single present from everyone... or on some it would just be that you got to choose dinner that night to have cooked at home
smile.png

But then for special Birthdays we would get treated to something special. Like for my 10th.. my parents took me to a very famous French restaurant that was in the next city over. My first time having Lamb
droolin.gif
and Souffle
droolin.gif
and I got to wear my beautiful new dress that was my present I had been wanting for months. My friend who came along was actually the neice of the dessert chef.. so she got a surprise chocolate confection of a horse and carriage
love.gif
Since it was my birthday and we had not been warned beforehand.. I had a hard time understanding it was not my chocolate horse and carriage
gig.gif
hit.gif
gig.gif
but I was soon distracted by the waiter come to scrape the crumbs off our table with the crumb scraper
tongue.png
Hehehe! Excuse me! My water glass is missing a sip out of it!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom