A hundred bucks a meal? Are you guys pulling my leg? With poll

How many of you spend a hundred dollars on a meal for a couple?

• I do weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do monthly

• I do yearly

• I have, but only a few times

• I never have but would like to

• No! Are you outta your everlovin' mind?!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Quote:
lau.gif
Me too!!!!

gig.gif
tongue.png
My Dh thinks Im nuts for not going when he offers! I love the other food served but in my head I drool thinking of the snails and if they dont have them -I seriously dont think I could enjoy my dinner there. I'm like a little kid in a candy store when they have them-giddy -happy-very pleased:) and saying mmmmmm every two minutes! hahaha

I ordered them when we had our Christmas lunch there and someone wanted one and I said NO, order your own. They said "but I don't know if I like them". Too bad so sad, sucks to be you. Here want my salad??

We do it about once a year, while on vacation. We budget in one fancy meal and usually pick a condo or a cabin with a kitchen and cook the rest of the week. Last time it was a 4star place in LA, during a week at disneyland. Took 3 kids in, they sat, ate thier dinner with good table manners, excused themselves to the bathroom, and behaved polietly. Each has a small 3X5 note pad and a few pencils, if they need to entertain themselves they can, but they may not bother anyone.

I think we have spent about $40 max for a meal (for two) in the last 10 years - neither of us drinks and I'm a vegetarian. Plus we both hate dressing up. Kinda cuts the costs down right there.
smile.png

Quote:
gig.gif
tongue.png
My Dh thinks Im nuts for not going when he offers! I love the other food served but in my head I drool thinking of the snails and if they dont have them -I seriously dont think I could enjoy my dinner there. I'm like a little kid in a candy store when they have them-giddy -happy-very pleased:) and saying mmmmmm every two minutes! hahaha

I ordered them when we had our Christmas lunch there and someone wanted one and I said NO, order your own. They said "but I don't know if I like them". Too bad so sad, sucks to be you. Here want my salad??

A fork getting stabbed into someones hand would be me with friends:) I love them all but not THAT much!
lau.gif

Both my wife and really appreciate a good meal. So monthly will go out and treat ourself to a 200-300 meal that would include wine. The most we ever spent on a meal was at Bobby Flays steakhouse in Atlantic City that bill with wine was 650.00

No i can not see paying that much. heck i hate paying more then 7.00 at subway! Every so often we go out to a restaurant. There was one we were at last month my sister have a cheese burger (the burger it's self) was as big as a Big mac! and i had a BLT with can of pepsi mom had a "small" rost of some sort (i forget) dinner. And we paid just over 25.00 i could not fathem paying 100.00 for some thing that i am never going to see again.

Yup i am a hick. When we go to the city i allways ask mom "are there stairs around here?" 'cause i don't like esculators
lol.png

Quote:

A fork getting stabbed into someones hand would be me with friends:) I love them all but not THAT much!
lau.gif

taser...

Quote:
dude, when you graduate, get married and need a suck up moment, dial a big bro and tell him what you are spending on din din... trust me kiddo, it adds up REAL fast...

Our anniversary dinner usually sets us back $100+ each year. We go to a local lodge with an outstanding chef. We both figure that it took so long for us to finally be allowed to marry that our anniversary rates something extra-extra special!

Rusty

Back
Top Bottom