A lonely goose question (injured Canada Goose)

Hi again. I've been in touch with the Waterfowl rescue. They could take her, but I'd have to capture her, and arrange transport, and I sure hate that thought (of capturing her and then a long car ride). They said the best thing would be if she could stay here but only if she doesn't get picked on / chased off again. So, I've been chasing off visiting "pairs", not knowing if they're real estate shopping or not. When do you think I could relax on this? It was this time last year that the aggressive pair was here and she was chased off. I hate chasing off geese that could be company for her because she's so lonely.

Do you think Ducky would prefer to be anywhere else with other geese or to remain in a nice place that's been home for almost 5 yrs? As best as I could tell from the Waterfowl rescue site, their pond looks small and quite crowded, but I guess this isn't a problem for geese?

If I was successful in locating another non-flying Canada Goose to come be her companion, would it matter what sex it was (and what "she" is)? I'd hate to find one to bring here only to have them fight with each other!

It was interesting that there's been several geese here, visiting. The first pair I chased off 2 weekends ago, Ducky only sort of hung with them. A second pair this past weekend was much closer--she was with them constantly. A trio was here a couple of days after that, and Ducky had absolutely no interest in hanging with them at all. Interesting behavior. I guess not all geese are considered "friends" by even a lonely goose.

Tab

Back
Top Bottom