Songster
7 Years
Sep 7, 2016
Northwestern PA. ( Tionesta )
My Coop
My Coop
Hello all,
I have a question along with pictures attached

Towards the end of winter I been noticing that some of the chicken poo on the pool boards was crumbly and not to solid, now I am noticing more crumbles than solid poo on the board. One of my chickens (about 3 yrs old) stays kinda off to the side by its self, had has a messy butt area that I have to clean often. I'm not to sure what to do or even if it's something I need to worry about,
And ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you
20190521_060630.jpg
20190521_060657.jpg
20190521_060649.jpg
20190521_060735.jpg
20190521_060618.jpg

I took a poo sample to the vet, she said the chickens have coccidia. She told me to get Amprolium to treat it.
So I ordered it.
Is there a no egg consumption while treating with Amprolium?
Thank you
Glad you were able to get testing.
Most feed stores like Tractor Supply carry Corid, you will find it in the cattle section.
See the chart below for dosing. Use the "severe" dosage. You can still eat the eggs when using Corid (Amprolium), there is no withdrawal period. It is a Coccidiostat, not an antibiotic.

upload_2019-5-23_19-19-55.png

upload_2019-5-23_19-22-31.png
upload_2019-5-23_19-22-43.png

Have they all been drinking the Corid water as the only source of water this whole time?
Did the vet check for worms too?
The corid water was the only water they had access to, all I know is the vet called me back after checking the poo, and said they had coccidia and give them amprolium. I plan on taking another sample to the vet again tomorrow. What I did relize is I didn't reduce the corid after the initial dosage, so I started it again yesterday.

I took another sample to the vet, I must not of listened to what I was being told last time. My chickens along with coccidia have worms, I never wormed them before. I always put, DE - garlic powder - kelp and probiotics in their feed ,
I did give them each 1/4 ML of valbazen orally, and their still getting the corid, do you think 1/4 ml was enough of a dose, I still have one that dont come off the roost and when she does she keeps to her self standing around, like the other one was that I lost.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom