Abnormal Pigeon Feeding Behaviours

I'm not certain what you are looking for here? Parents will feed their squabs. Extremely good parents (generally the cocks) will feed any squabs on the floor. Mates will feed one another. Males will feed other birds in exchange for mating.

I'm not certain what you are looking for here? Parents will feed their squabs. Extremely good parents (generally the cocks) will feed any squabs on the floor. Mates will feed one another. Males will feed other birds in exchange for mating.
When the birds are eating food. Like if they’re vomiting the food back out. I have an Animal Studies Assignment and I’ve chose to do pigeons for one. And I can’t find much information on abnormal feeding behaviours. Sorry if that doesn’t make much sense.

The only time I have seen anything like a vomiting behavior is if birds have been starved or water deprived and are trying to eat too much too fast. It's not a common occurrence with birds.

I have one that eats way too fast and always goes for the big peas and corn first when he eats and he'll do this weird thing where he will make a coughing noise because he's filling his crop up too fast and with too much food and he'll continue to wolf down the feed while doing the coughing thing until it becomes unbearable and he has to back away and take a break to work all the food down.

There's nothing wrong with him its just how he rolls and how he's been feeding himself since he hatched last summer. He's always the first one to finish eating.

Back
Top Bottom