Adorable Attempt at a Crow for 8 week old Cockerel

HeatherKellyB

✝️ Perfectly Imperfect ✝️
May 31, 2019
Moore County, NC

I just had to share this because it's too cute! "KnotHead" is 8 weeks old. He is from a Crested Cream Legbar Hen and Copper Maran Rooster. My daughter named him this because he has always had a knot on his head, right before his beak starts. All 3 guys are going to be joining their bigger flock this weekend. My daughter & I are brokenhearted but I want to remember them as the sweethearts they have been. I imagine puberty will possibly change them soon.

That is so cute and sweet! I just had my first cockerel.. a blue Cochin bantam.. and I absolutely loved it when he would crow!! Pure joy! But when he decided to become a man I decided to rehome him :(... I think he would have been a good boy... I just felt that I wanted to be the “rooster” of my flock.. plus, I knew I’d be too tempted to hatch babies and then I’d have more roosters :oops:
He is doing fine in his new home :)

I just realized that you are the same gal that posted about the bully chick... the one I mentioned here is different than the bully one I had.. I didn’t consider him my “first” roo as I didn’t have him for very long... and my two roos live together now at the same farm :D

I just realized that you are the same gal that posted about the bully chick... the one I mentioned here is different than the bully one I had.. I didn’t consider him my “first” roo as I didn’t have him for very long... and my two roos live together now at the same farm :D

Yes. The guys in this video are our first flock. We then realized they're all cockerels, so I ordered 3 pullets (Received 6) and so far, 1 of them is the little bully cockerel. I know how mean a rooster can be & I don't want that, as a new chicken keeper with a child involved in the caretaking. I feel like it'd be in our best interest for now. For some reason, I keep ending up with cockerels, hahaha! I will say that my daughter and I both have loved the guys in this video. They have been so sweet! It's going to be difficult to part with them :hit

Back
Top Bottom