ADORABLE baby sparrow!

Yes. I dont understand why animals suffer, but I know that God's ways are not our ways and that He knows when ever a sparrow falls.

I agree with @Hybridchucks. It had probably already fledged, given the size and feathering. Once baby birds reach a certain age, they leave the nest (before they can fly), though they still require their parents' care. They parents just fly around and feed all the babies. It is very common to find fledged babies on the ground near their nest site. People often think they're in trouble because they can't fly and still look so immature, but they're usually fine.

If there are bushes or some type of cover below the nest, try placing it there. It will call the parents, and they will care for it. If it's too far gone they'll reject it to redirect resources to heathy babies.

Good luck!

I did and they fed it. (yesterday)I was worried about my dog eating it tho. It died overnight. Yes it was a fledgling.
I feel so bad. I wanted to give it back but my family was worried since we have found a couple dead birds on our sidewalk and 3 dead baby ones without feathers.
Thanks for the responses everyone.:)
It sounds like it has fledged because it has feathers, why don't you put it on the floor where you think the parents will see it and watch from a distance......:hugs

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom