advice: never do this..

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by benjoycei, Jun 9, 2011.

1. benjoycei

benjoycei Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Wilmington
    Never eat ice cream and then drink orange juice. I have the WORST stomachache of my life. Been killing me since 11 this morning. Kill me now....[​IMG]

2. areyoumymother

areyoumymother Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Oh No !!!! Sounds like the acid from the OJ may have stirred up some lactose intolerance symptoms....

I also heard never eat cherries and drink milk .... don't know what it does, warning was enough for me to never try it LOL

Nothing worse than a stomach ache ....

Try some ginger root ...you can grate some fresh into tea or you can also get capsules at the pharmacy in the vitamin/supplement section.

I hope you feel better .... [​IMG]

3. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    Gingerale or peppermint tea can soothe an upset stomach.

Good luck, it sounds terrible!

4. benjoycei

benjoycei Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Wilmington
    Thank ya'll....learned my lesson

5. Crazy4mypeeps

Crazy4mypeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Nebraska
    My mom would dissolve baking soda in some water and drink it quickly to help with stomach aches. You could try that. It should diffuse the acid.

6. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG]

7. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    Another warning:
    Do not drink OJ while eating one of those huge pretzels either. Makes for some interesting projectile vomiting.

8. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Hey, that's basically an Orange Julius. But I can't even stand to sip an orange julius, no less the ingredients separately back to back. [​IMG] Sorry your stomach's upset...has anything helped it like an antacid? Maybe it was just bad timing with something else going on in your system. Was the orange juice fresh and stored properly?

9. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    I was going to say that that is an orange julius, too! And I absolutely adore them! Certainly never had any digestive problems with it.

10. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Quote:Same with all my family. They adore them, too! I don't care for the drink, but I've never known anyone to get a stomach problem if they can drink OJ normally without an issue. Back in the 60's ChrisTown in Phx had an OJulius bar that I could not appreciate as a tiny kid, lol.

When I was a tween I got on a kick for bologna & mustard sandwiches with OJ chaser. Ew, lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by