Sorry, I am just now seeing this, Can he be put in warm water to float around so he can exercise his legs? Might help him get some strength back. It's been a few days now any progress.
He gets a nice warm bath every two days in the tub, he kinda just bobbed around.

Today he made a lot of progress, he stood up on his own a number of times, at first he needed to lean on something but he got good enough to support himself, the picture is of him today standing up while he was having his morning outing. The rest of the time he’s inside with me.
Towards this afternoon he began taking small steps. His legs are uncordinated still but it’s a lot of progress. Since 3pm he’s pretty much just been resting or completely asleep.
I’m still really concerned about his heart though. When I sit next to him I can hear it which really scares me, I made a recording of it with my iPad by slipping it underneath him, I’m going to send it to the vet on Monday when she’s back in for her opinion, though if his heart is damaged I know there’s nothing I can do but make sure he’s happy and comfortable as long as I can.
Roxby’s a sweet little soul, I’ll do everything I can to make him happy.

Attachments

• 1884DAE8-ABDF-4B67-B669-0295D16CD7B0.jpeg
    1884DAE8-ABDF-4B67-B669-0295D16CD7B0.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 6
Update on Roxbury.

On April 3, one week after halting his 14 day treatment of Cipro and 1 week into his 14 day treatment with Amoxicillin Roxbury stood up, in the days that followed he improved in leaps and bounds. By April 6th/7th he was walking almost completly normally.

By the 11th I noticed he seemed subdued.

A few days later his walk became gradually more wobbly. By the 16th he could no longer walk, by the 19th he’d lost his ability to stand.

I restarted him on amoxicillin on the 14th and started him on Doxycycline and Cephelexin on the 16th, he’s seemed to lose more control of his legs but I know it takes time for the antibiotics to have an effect, though it’s been a week since he’s been retaking the Amoxicillin so I’m wondering if it’s working at all.

His vet wants more testing but I’m now cleaned out so as much as I want to rush him back in I just don’t have that ability.

He’s been tube fed as of the 16th too because he stopped eating more or less. He willingly eats banana but that’s about it.
Interestingly I’ve recently discovered that he will eat at night. He’ll eat most of his bowl through the night as long as there’s little to no light. 🤷‍♀️

I didn’t think he was improving on Cipro, hence why his vet added the Amoxicillin, but in hind-site there were a lot of other factors contributing to his condition, anorexia, anemia from the anorexia, fluid retention from prolonged lameness, so it may have been working, but it wasn’t aparent with everything else going on?

Without further testing it’s impossible to say what’s going on, so I can’t get any more Cipro from the vet though. She wanted to get a radiograph to look at his spine “maybe she suspects kinky-back” and to see if he somehow swallowed a piece of metal since his last visit. She also wants chemistry panels to get an idea what’s going on with his organs.

The only option I have at this point is to hope he starts improving on the Doxy/Ceph/Amox.

Back
Top Bottom