Albon and probiotics?

Jcorliss92

Songster
Jul 13, 2020
My Olive Oil (23 weeks now) had a fecal float done at 21 weeks and came back positive with coccidia. Vet wanted to see her at some point. I had started with corid and it took a few days for her to finally perk up and started eating.
At her visit, (this past Monday) I had brought in poop from the morning that looked like it had a bit of blood or a bit of intestinal lining (in the vets words "looked like a mouse's intestines") so the vet gave me albon to give her. Can I give probiotics with the albon? I want to help her gut heal but have heard to avoid giving things with sulfa drugs.

Probiotics can safely be given at the time your supplementing with the Albon. Albon works differently then Corid, but I would still avoid vitamin supplementation as well, just to be sure.

I did treat her with corid and then the vet gave me albon. In just wondering if she can have a probiotic with it to help improve her gut

Probiotics can safely be given at the time your supplementing with the Albon. Albon works differently then Corid, but I would still avoid vitamin supplementation as well, just to be sure.
Do they need to be given 2 hours apart? What happens if they're given at the same time?

Back
Top Bottom